All residents who have ever used a L.A. Tan Salon and had their fingerprints scanned from Nov. 13, 2013 to Aug. 11, 2016 may be eligible for a cash payment from a 1.5 million pool depending on the number of valid claims submitted. According to the settlement, L.A. Tan Salon violated the Biometric Information Privacy Act which protects customer’s fingerprints that are obtained without written consent. A plaintiff has claimed that L.A. Tan violated the BIP because it stores fingerprints to a third party vendor. L.A. Tan has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim to receive your potential award!
L.A. Tan Class Action Lawsuit:
- L.A. Tan Fingerprint Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/09/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Class members are eligible if you had your fingerprints scanned at a L.A. Tan salon from Nov. 13, 2013 to Aug. 11, 2016
- Estimated Amount: Varies depending on the number of valid claims submitted
- Proof of Purchase:Yes
- Case Name & Number: Sekura v. L.A. Tan Enterprises Inc., Case No. 2015 CH 16694, in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, County Department, Chancery Division
How to File a Claim:
- Head on over to the LA Tan Salon Claim Form
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by 12/9/2016 receive your potential award!
If you were a customer of LA Tan Salon anytime from Nov. 13, 2013 to Aug. 11, 2016 and had your fingerprint scanned, you may be eligible for a cash payment from a pool of 1.5 million dollars. According to plaintiffs, LA Tan Salon entered into a settlement regarding their violation of the BIPA because it disclosed fingerprint information to third parties. LA Tan Salon has denied any wrongdoing but has agreed to the settlement. So if you are eligible, file a claim by 12/1/2016 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
With the American Express Blue Business CashTM Card, you'll earn a $250 statement credit after you make $3,000 in purchases on your Card in your first 3 months.
0.0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 17.49% - 25.49%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
Plus, earn 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year, then 1%. Cash back earned is automatically credited to your statement.
From workflow to inventory to floor plans, your business is constantly changing. That’s why you’ve got the power to spend beyond your credit limit with Expanded Buying Power§.Just remember, the amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to American Express and other factors.
This card comes with no annual fee (See Rates & Fees).