Bills are a huge pain in the butt right? There are many different methods on how to pay them with ease and for free! Not only can you do this from the comfort of your own home, you will be preventing any mistakes from occurring.
Paying your bills online instead of sorting through paper bills, then balancing a checkbook, and writing and mailing checks, you won’t have to need to pay postage fees.
Keep reading to learn about the various Methods To Pay Bills Online for Free!
Ways to Pay Bills For Free
- Your Bank: If you have a checking account, it’s likely that your bank offers online bill pay. You can have your bank send checks via electronic payments, and those payments can go out automatically or only when you request them. Using your bank helps keep control over the process. Paying from your bank means that your bank initiates the transaction. But sometimes it’s easier to have your payee just pull funds from your bank account.
- ACH Payments: Most service providers let you pay your bill for free by setting up ACH payments. With this method, the service provider pulls money from your bank account each time a payment is due and you won’t have to do anything. To set this up, you provide bank information to them and give them permission to take the money as needed. Make sure you have the funds or overdraft protection if you use decide this option.
- Free Bill Pay Services: Several personal finance software providers offer this, but they usually aren’t really “free” because you may need a premium subscription, or you may only get free bill pay for a limited time.
- Prepaid Credit Cards: One of the lesser known ways to pay your bills, and similar to the bank method, the funds are automatically taken out of your account. However, not all cards offer bill pay and some may charge an additional fee to pay bills. Some prepaid cards will even send a check if the company doesn’t accept electronic payments.
- From the Company Website: Many companies will offer their customers the ability to pay for their bills through their site. This has two major advantages like the use of automatic bill payments and being able to use a rewards credit card to earn points for your bill payments.
- My Check Free: This is an online bill payment service that shows and lets you pay for your bills all in one secure place. The service will reach out to the companies that you have to pay and make sure you have all of your bills in the palm of your hands. The best part is that the companies will pay for any fees that this method may accumulate.
- Credit Unions: With banking fees increasing, many people have turned to credit unions as an alternative. Many credit unions also offer free online bill pay similar to the ones we’ve talked about, but the online bill payment service might like the detail and finesse of bigger companies and their services.
Never have to worry about paying your bills again! We have a few methods that you could definitely take advantage of if you see yourself in this situation. Through these methods, they will eliminate the fact of paying postage fees.
Paying your bills can be tough, so why would you need to worry about any other pesky fees like postage?
If you’re interested in more banking posts that we have written, be sure to check out our Bank Bonuses, Saving Rates and Credit Card Bonuses!
Leave a Reply