Find an updated list of Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Currently, they have a $200 bonus when you open a new account and meet all the requirements.
Table of Contents
About Michigan Schools and Government CU Promotions
Being a credit union that cares and collaborates with its community, Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union has 14 locations to cater to your banking needs. If you are not located near a branch, you can see all nationwide bank bonuses for more suitable offers.
|Eligibility: Membership in Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union is open to those who live, work, worship or attend school in Michigan’s lower peninsula; (2) employees, students, alumni, retirees, and former students of any educational institution in Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, Washtenaw and Wayne Counties in Michigan and their families. For more information on eligibility requirements please check out their full list of membership requirements.|
- Availability: MI (Bank Locator)
- Routing Number: 272480173
- Customer Service: 1-866-674-2848
I’ll review the Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union promotions below.
Michigan Schools and Government CU $200 Checking Bonus
Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union is offering a $200 bonus when you switch to MSGCU Checking.
- Account Type: Checking
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Opening Deposit: None
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $500
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes
- Monthly Fee: Varies by account
- Household Limit: 1
- Closing Account Fee: None listed
(Expires August 31, 2021)
|If you're looking for more advanced features for a checking account, you may want to compare this offer to the following: HSBC Premier Checking ($450 Bonus), Huntington 25 Checking ($300 Bonus), Citi Citigold Account Package (Up To $1500 Bonus), BMO Harris Premier ($500 bonus), as well as the TD Bank Beyond Checking ($300 Bonus).|
How To Earn $200 Checking Bonus
Open a Regular or Fresh Start Checking account – online or in-branch – with an initial deposit of $25 or more between June 1 and August 31. Then earn $100 for completing each of these steps:
- Access to nearly 30,000 free ATMs nationwide
- 24/7 access to Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Pay
- Mobile banking with Mobile Deposit
- Manage your accounts with our Automated Phone Banking or Text Banking options
- Regular Checking: There are no monthly service fees for this account.
- Fresh Start Checking: Amount not specified.
- Available for regular and fresh start checking accounts opened before 8/31/2021; limited to one incentive per member. An incentive of up to $200 will be paid when the member completes the following: qualify for and open a checking account and ATM/debit card; make an initial deposit of $25 or more in the account; within 60 days, enroll in and receive one direct deposit (minimum $100) to the new account (earn $100), and/or conduct 10 PIN or signature debit card transactions (Does not include ATM) of $5 or more (earn $100). Members must not currently have a checking account or have closed a regular checking account as of 4/1/2021 or later. Bonus will be paid 61 days after account opening date.
- Account must meet Credit Union criteria for Courtesy Pay service. You must opt-in separately to authorize ATM and everyday debit transactions. Whether overdrafts will be paid is discretionary, and the Credit Union reserves the right to not pay if the account is not in good standing. A fee of $30 may be charged for each check, ATM or debit card transaction or debit by other electronic means when a Member has non-sufficient in the account. Negative balances must be paid within 16 days.
All in all, the current promotion from Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union is definitely a fantastic one to take advantage of if you qualify. With easy to meet requirements and convenient access, you are able to get the most out of what the credit union has to offer.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and makes our site even better!
*Check back at this page for updated Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union promotions, bonuses, and offers.