Find an updated list of Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers here.
Currently, they have a $175 bonus when you open a new account and meet all the requirements.
Table of Contents
About Michigan Schools and Government CU Promotions
Being a credit union that cares and collaborates with its community, Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union has 14 locations to cater to your banking needs. If you are not located near a branch, you can see all nationwide bank bonuses for more suitable offers.
|Eligibility: Membership in Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union is open to those who live, work, worship or attend school in Michigan’s lower peninsula; (2) employees, students, alumni, retirees, and former students of any educational institution in Genesee, Lapeer, Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, St. Clair, Washtenaw and Wayne Counties in Michigan and their families. For more information on eligibility requirements please check out their full list of membership requirements.|
- Availability: MI (Bank Locator)
- Routing Number: 272480173
- Customer Service: 1-866-674-2848
I’ll review the $175 offer below.
*For current residents of Michigan you can also take advantage of other promotions like the attractive TD Bank bonuses below.
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Relationship Money Market||1.25% APY||Review|
Michigan Schools and Government CU $175 Checking Bonus
Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union is offering a $175 bonus when you open a new qualifying checking account.
- Account Type: Regular Checking, Fresh Start Checking
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull or Hard Pull?
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Opening Deposit: None
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $1,000
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes
- Monthly Fee: Varies by account
- Household Limit: 1
- Closing Account Fee: None listed
(Expires August 31, 2019)
There are several entry Checking offers I’d recommend comparing this one to. The Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM ($150 bonus) and Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking ($150 bonus) are all great options. The Huntington checking account has no monthly fee, while you would need $1,500 minimum daily balance for Chase and $100 minimum for TD Bank’s to waive the monthly fee.
How To Earn $175 Bonus
- Open a Regular Checking or Fresh Start account with an initial deposit of $25 or more between June 3 and August 31.
- Make a direct deposit of $100 or more within 60 days of opening your account
- Complete 75 purchases of $5 or more with your MSGCU debit card within 60 days of account opening
- Access to nearly 30,000 free ATMs nationwide
- 24/7 access to Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Pay
- Mobile banking with Mobile Deposit
- Manage your accounts with our Automated Phone Banking or Text Banking options
- Regular Checking: There are no monthly service fees for this account.
- Fresh Start Checking: Amount not specified.
- Bonus paid for completing the qualifying criteria.
- Bonus to be paid in one sum at the end of 60 days from the date of the new account opening.
- Limited to one per member.
- Not available to existing checking account holders or those that have closed an MSGCU checking account 4/1/2019 or later.
- Accounts must remain open for at least 6 months.
All in all, the current promotion from Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union is definitely a fantastic one to take advantage of, if you qualify. With easy to meet requirements and convenient access, you are able to get the most out of what the credit union has to offer.
Your feedback is highly appreciated and makes our site even better!
*Check back at this page for updated Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union promotions, bonuses and offers.
The best bank bonuses are updated here. Check the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Bonuses. Read about several offers for their Checking, Savings and Business accounts. Chase usually offers the most sign-up bonuses of all the big banks.
• HSBC Bank Bonuses. HSBC Bank routinely has offers for several of their Personal Checking and Business Checking accounts. They also have a good referral program.
• TD Bank Bonuses. TD Bank consistently offers great Checking account bonuses all year long. Savings account offers are less frequently available.
• Huntington Bank Bonuses. Bonus offers for their Checking accounts are only available for limited periods throughout the year. They also have great options for those looking for a free Checking account (no monthly fees).
• Discover Bank Bonuses. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.