Are you interested in earning cash back while shopping online? A popular cash-back shopping portal is MrRebates, where you can earn up to 30% cash back at many of their participating merchant websites. MrRebates offers sign-up bonuses, store of the week, and weekly deals that can add up to lots of cash back for online shoppers. MrRebates works with over 2,500 online retailers, so you won’t have trouble finding an online store with products you already want to buy!
Editor’s Note: MrRebates also has a lucrative referral program where current members earn 20% of each of their referrals’ cash back, for life. This means that if you refer a friend to sign up for MrRebates, you’ll get a bonus equal to 20% of the cash back they earn every time they use MrRebates!
Like most cash back shopping portals, MrRebates earns a commission directly from the merchant websites they partner with. MrRebates earns this commission when you use their “affiliate link” to visit a shopping site like Amazon and make a purchase there. Then, they split this commission with you, in the form of cash back as a percentage of your purchase.
MrRebates Offers Many Cashback Opportunities
Shoppers that use MrRebates have reported being able to earn up to 30% cash back at man of their participating merchant websites. You will instantly recognize the brands that they’ve partnered up with as they are big name retailers such as BestBuy and Amazon.
On top of that, MrRebates also offers sign up bonuses and very good deals like their “Store of the Week” and “Weekly Deals” that can net customers a lot of cash back. They work with nearly 2,500 online retailers, so you won’t have any problems looking for your favorite stores.
MrRebates also offers a great referal program that can net current members a chance to earn 20% of each of their referrals’ cash back, for life. The means that if you refer someone to sign up for MrRebates, you will get a bonus equal to 20% of the cash back they earn every time they use MrRebates.
Also, there is a cash sign-up bonus of $5, which is pretty standard. MrRebates advertises that here is no limit to the amount shoppers can earn through the referral bonuses. This could mean a great opportunity for network marketing.
Lastly, MrRebate’s cash back opportunities can kind of “stack” with your credit card’s cash back benefits. This means that if MrRebates offers you 5% cash back at a certain merchant, and your credit card offers 6% cash back for online purchases, you could get 11% total cash back. Coupons could be used to further improve the cash back opportunities.
What is Mr. Rebates?
Started in 2002 by Craig Cassata, and located at www.MrRebates.com, the site offers its members the opportunity to earn cash back from shopping online. MrRebates is a site that gives you cashback for everyday purchases like groceries, apparel, etc. But you may be wondering, “is Mr Rebates a scam?”. In this review I’ll be going over a few things you should know before you make the decision of whether or not to sign up.
How Does Mr. Rebates Work?
If you decide to use MrRebates, make sure you check the fine print. They make their money through commission directly from the merchant websites they partner with.
New shoppers with MrRebates must wait a 90 day period before they can access their earned cash back, so if you’re considering signing up, it is probably best to look into it as soon as possible. MrRebates has a minimum payment threshold of $10. This means you can only receive your cash back, you must have at least $10 in your account.
Some products, for example gift cards, might not be eligible for MrRebates’ cash back program. This restriction is usually determined by the merchant themselves and outside the control of MrRebates. You must have browser cookies enabled for the MrRebates interface to work properly. After, using MrRebates is simple because you just;
- Find Your Favorite Stores: Mr. Rebates offers cash back to over 2,000 stores. I guarantee you can find at least one store you frequently shop on the list. All you need to do is visit Mr. Rebates and click the link to your favorite store. A new tab will open, and you’ll be eligible for cash back on your purchase.
- Shop Normally: Once the new tab opens, you can shop normally. Feel free to visit multiple pages of the website and browse as you normally would. When you’re ready, add items to your cart and complete the checkout.
- Earn Cash Back: Usually, within 3-5 business days, your cash back credit will show up on your Mr. Rebates account as pending. As long as you don’t return the item, your cash back should be approved within 30 days.
Concerns About Using MrRebates Shopping Portal
As of right now, MrRebates does not have a mobile app, which might be an issue for some shoppers that do most of their shopping on their mobile devices. However, MrRebates make up for this by having a mobile-friendly website.
Keep in mind that some people have complained about the user interface for MrRebates, so if you are not totally comfortable with using the web browser, than their site may be difficult for you to navigate. You must have your browser cookies enabled for the interface to work properly, so be sure you understand how that works before signing up.
If you do end up deciding to use this cash back shopping portal, be sure that you read the fine print because you will have to do some thing to guarantee you earn the cash back. For example, you need to ensure you log in through the MrRebates portal for every individual purchase, or you might not get credit for your purchases.
With that in mind, however, MrRebates is widely recognized as a reputable company that consistently follows its own rules and pays its shoppers according to its public guidelines. MrRebates is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and their “A+” rating means they work hard to resolve any customer complaints.
MrRebates is a very popular a great option for shoppers who want to use an online shopping portal to earn some cash back on their online purchases. Another great option is Rakuten, as they were one of the pioneers of online shopping portals. The table below summarizes some of the key points of MrRebates cash back shopping portal program, but still check out their site because there is more details regarding some their perks.
|Feature / Benefit||MrRebates Offers:|
|Average Percentage Cash Back on Purchases||About 20%, up to 30%|
|Approximate number of online stores partnered with MrRebates||2,500|
|Referral Bonuses||Yes, 20% of referred friends’ cash back for life|
|Minimum Payout Amount||$10 (and minimum 90 days from start date)|
How Do You Get Paid?
You are able to cash out at anytime once your cash back is approved and the amount is above $10.
- If you live in Canada or the United States you have the option of getting paid via check or Paypal. For any other country Paypal is the only option.
- Payments take an average of 1-3 business days to be posted to your account however they do say that it can take up to 30 days on rare occasions.
- This is all dependent on the company you make your purchase from as every company is different when it comes to paying affiliates.
- As soon as your account has a minimum of $10 balance, you can get paid and payments are made at the beginning of each month.
New shoppers with MrRebates will have to wait 90 days before they can access their earned cash back, so if you are considering signing up, it is probably best to look into it sooner. MrRebates has a minimum cash back requirement of $10 in order for you to withdraw.
MrRebates has a referral program where current members earn 20% of each of their referrals’ cash back, for life. If you refer a friend to sign up for MrRebates, you’ll get a bonus equal to 20% of the cash back they earn every time they use MrRebates! There are two ways to give out referrals, and they are:
- If your friend enters your email address as the person who referred them you’ll be credited with the referral.
- The other way to refer people is with your own special referral link.
With earning cash back online, there is a lot of fine print and eligibility as to what is able to earn you cash back. Some of the rules that are included are the following;
- If you make a purchase with a gift card, you will not receive cash back.
- If you purchase a gift card, you will not get cash back.
- If you click onto a different website to compare prices while shopping, there is a good chance you won’t get cash back.
- If you pre-order something, you will not get cash back.
- If you buy something on a subscription, only the first payment will be eligible for cash back.
- Taxes or any extra fees are not eligible for cash back.
- Extended Warranties are not eligible for cash back.
- Some orders outside of Canada and US will not pay cash back.
- Buying things in bulk may void cash back.
Every company has a unique affiliate policy which is probably why there are so many caveats when using Mr. Rebates. Since Mr. Rebates only pays you after they’ve been paid, there will be times when you just don’t get paid and it might be hard to get an explanation out of them.
How do you join Mr. Rebates?
Joining Mr. Rebates is free, easy and anyone can join. Visit MrRebates simply click on the “Join” button and fill out the registration form. The required information is as follows; your email address and preferred password, and your address, so they’ll know where to send your check.
- Sign up for MrRebates and get a $7.50 Bonus
- Make a purchase through the website and earn up to 30% Cash Back!
MrRebates is absolutely legitimate. It’s not an opportunity to quit your day job over but if you’re a regular online shopper, then it might be a nice little income earning opportunity for you.
In addition to great cash back offers, you’ll be able to earn a $7.50 sign-up bonus through the various links provided in this post! MrRebates advertises that there’s no limit to the amount shoppers can earn through referral bonuses. MrRebates is a popular and viable option for shoppers who want to use an online portal to earn cash back on their online purchases.
Lastly, MrRebates’ cash back rebates can “stack” with your credit card’s cash back benefits. This means that if MrRebates offers you 5% cash back at a certain merchant, and your credit card offers 6% cash back for online purchases, you could get 11% total cash back. If you like these cash back offers, visit our full list of the Best Cash Back Portals for more information about the best portal to use with which retailer!
Alan Todd Fannin says
Made two purchases through your sight and have not seen anything. Booked a Holiday Inn stay 8-19-2019 to 8-23-2019 and also made a purchase off of Amazon 9-3-2019 .