If you have ever been charged for credit monitoring from MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense, you should be eligible for a cash refund from the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit. The defendant in the lawsuit, One Technologies, operates MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense, and at least 50 other websites that offered “free credit scores” to consumers. According to the plaintiffs, customers of these sites were automatically enrolled in credit monitoring programs and were charged monthly fees without their consent. Allegedly, One Technologies did not clearly inform consumers that if they failed to cancel their free trial within seven days, they would be billed $29.95 per month. As a result of this class action lawsuit, the defendant will set up a $22 million settlement fund for consumers who were affected by the alleged free credit score scam. The settlement also requires the company to get consumers’ consent before billing them and provide them with an easy way to cancel. One Technologies denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to settle the matter outside of court.
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart MoneyTM Account and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $200 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit:
- MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/28/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Consumers who were charged for MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense credit monitoring are eligible to apply for a refund.
- NOTE: Eligible claimants should have received a Claim Form with a Claim Number and PIN in the mail. If you have questions, you may contact the Claims Administrator at 1-844-828-4441.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Federal Trade Commission, et al. v. One Technologies, et al., Case No. 3:14-cv-05066, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
How to File a Claim:
- If you are a class member, you should have received a Claim Form with a Claim Number and PIN in the mail.
- Gather your claim information and head to the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Claim Form.
- Enter your Claim Number and PIN.
- Fill out the rest of the form with the required information.
- File your claim by 12/28/2015 if you want to be included in the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Settlement.
Anybody who has had to pay MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense for supposedly free credit scores deserves to be reimbursed by the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit. The company behind these sites, One Technologies, led customers to believe that they could receive free credit scores, when in reality, the websites would charge unknowing customers for a monthly fee after the trial period. Now, One Technologies is paying its customers back with a cash refund. Check out the full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements on HMB.
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.24% - 27.99%.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
Sheila Casey says
This happen to me like 7 or 8 times I don’t know what to do
Kandy Johns says
I’ve read all of the disputes with this company! Seems outrageous!
Virginia G galindoñ says
Do they have another class action lawsuit?
They doing it again.
Anne M. Underwood says
I just had a problem with Score Sense taking 4 payments of $39.95 from my
checking account without my consent or knowledge. Should we have a class action
lawsuit against Score Sense.com at this time? It must be happening to a lot of people
like me who sign up for the 7-days trial period for $1.00. They take the $1.00 from
a bank card or credit card in order to get your account number to scam you. Surprise!
Kandy Johns says
Yes! This happened to me! Several times! I just called today and had a lady cancel a membership that I DO NOT remember making to this company! My bank account kept showing 39.95 charges for services I was not using! What can I do about this money?
Kandy Johns says
Omg! The woman I spoke to played off of my uncertainty. I knew that I had not enrolled into a monthly payment like this willingly. I don’t make very much money at the moment, so I’m certain foul play is involved!
Virginia G galindo says
They did it to me. It stopped today.
Yes I was wAnting to know about the law suit with Score sense Lisa wisdom