If you have ever been charged for credit monitoring from MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense, you should be eligible for a cash refund from the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit. The defendant in the lawsuit, One Technologies, operates MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense, and at least 50 other websites that offered “free credit scores” to consumers. According to the plaintiffs, customers of these sites were automatically enrolled in credit monitoring programs and were charged monthly fees without their consent. Allegedly, One Technologies did not clearly inform consumers that if they failed to cancel their free trial within seven days, they would be billed $29.95 per month. As a result of this class action lawsuit, the defendant will set up a $22 million settlement fund for consumers who were affected by the alleged free credit score scam. The settlement also requires the company to get consumers’ consent before billing them and provide them with an easy way to cancel. One Technologies denies any wrongdoing but has agreed to settle the matter outside of court.
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $225 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $150 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account: Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and use their Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening. Learn More---Aspiration Review|
Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit:
- MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 12/28/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Consumers who were charged for MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense credit monitoring are eligible to apply for a refund.
- NOTE: Eligible claimants should have received a Claim Form with a Claim Number and PIN in the mail. If you have questions, you may contact the Claims Administrator at 1-844-828-4441.
- Estimated Amount: Varies
- Proof of Purchase: N/A
- Case Name & Number: Federal Trade Commission, et al. v. One Technologies, et al., Case No. 3:14-cv-05066, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
How to File a Claim:
- If you are a class member, you should have received a Claim Form with a Claim Number and PIN in the mail.
- Gather your claim information and head to the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Claim Form.
- Enter your Claim Number and PIN.
- Fill out the rest of the form with the required information.
- File your claim by 12/28/2015 if you want to be included in the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Settlement.
Anybody who has had to pay MyCreditHealth or ScoreSense for supposedly free credit scores deserves to be reimbursed by the MyCreditHealth, ScoreSense Credit Score Class Action Lawsuit. The company behind these sites, One Technologies, led customers to believe that they could receive free credit scores, when in reality, the websites would charge unknowing customers for a monthly fee after the trial period. Now, One Technologies is paying its customers back with a cash refund. Check out the full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements on HMB.
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.