Mortgage lender Nationstar Mortgage LLC and insurance giant Assurant Inc. have agreed to a class action settlement concerning their involvement in an insurance scheme that charged homeowners inflated premiums for hazard, flood, flood-gap, or wind insurance coverage forced on their properties. According to the Notionstar, Assurant Force-Placed Insurance Class Action Lawsuit, you are entitled to a cash or credit award if, between 1/1/2008 and 1/31/2015, you paid a premium or still need to pay for a hazard, flood, flood gap, or wind only LPI Policy for a residential property. The defendants are accused of “colluding with force-placed insurance providers to make lucrative profits.” Furthermore, the way in which the LPU Policies were obtained and placed caused the charges to be excessive. Nationstar and Assurant completely deny these claims but have agreed to a $54 million class action settlement.
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Earn $200 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Harris Smart MoneyTM Account and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $200 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
Nationstar, Assurant Insurance Lawsuit:
- Nationstar, Assurant Force-Placed Insurance Lawsuit Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 10/14/2015
- Who’s Eligible: Anyone who was charged by Nationstar under a hazard, flood, flood gap, or wind-only LPI Policy for residential property, and who, between 1/1/2008 and 1/31/2015, either:
- (i) paid to Nationstar the Net Premium1 for that LPI Policy OR
- (ii) did not pay to and still owe Nationstar the Net Premium for that LPI Policy.
- Estimated Amount: Varies. Each Class Member will be entitled to an amount of 12.5% of the Net Premium charged to the claimant during the Class Period.
- Proof of Purchase: You must provide identification in the form of either:
- Signature of a witness who is 18 or older
- Photo ID with signature
- Copy of Nationstar mortgage statement issued to Claimant(s)
- Completed notary verification
- Case Name & Number: Braynen v. Nationstar Mortgage LLC, Case No. 14-cv-20726-GOODMAN, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
How to File a Claim:
- Head to the Nationstar, Assurant Force-Placed Insurance Lawsuit Claim Form
- To submit a Claim Form online, you will need to fill out a document with your personal information, claim information, and verification of your identity.
- Either submit the file online at the claim site or mail it to Braynen v. Nationstar, P.O. Box 540, Philadelphia, PA 19105-0540.
- File your claim by 10/14/2015 if you want to be included in the Nationstar, Assurant Force-Placed Insurance Settlement.
If you are affected by the Nationstar, Assurant Force-Placed Insurance Class Action Lawsuit, you may be able to make a claim and get a cash or credit award. To get started, you will need to fill out a claim form by 10/14/2015 and provide proof of identity. Nationwide and Assurant engaged in very questionable activities that resulted in excessively expensive hazard, flood, flood gap, or wind-only LPI Policies, and they are now paying for it. Check out our entire list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements to see if you can file any other claims!
|EFCU Financial||LA||1.60%||$100k||---||6-Month Jumbo CD||Review|
|TTCU Federal Credit Union||OK||1.44%||$100k||---||6-Month Income CD||Review|
|TEXAR Federal Credit Union||AR, TX||1.25%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Texas Bridge Credit Union||TX||1.01%||$25k||---||6-Month Mini Jumbo CD||Review|
|Community First Credit Union||WI||0.80%||$2.5k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|MapleMark Bank||Nationwide||0.75%||$25k||---||6-Month CD||Review|
|Advancial||OK, LA, TX, AK||0.72%||$1k||---||6-Month CD||Review|