For people whose Protected Health Information (‘PHI’) is alleged to have been disclosed improperly by Caremark and Fiserv through mail in August 2017, you may be eligible for a potential award of up to $12,900 from the Ohio CVS HIV Status Class Action Lawsuit!
In February 2017, CVS had started a program for assistance with the cost of drugs, but the applicants must first disclose their HIV status. However, when they sent out letters to HIV-positive program participants, they failed to consider whether or not highly sensitive health information would be visible on the physical mailing.
So if you are eligible, file a claim by December 20, 2019.
Ohio CVS HIV Status Class Action Lawsuit
- Claim Form Deadline: December 20, 2019
- Who’s Eligible: Class Members include “people whose Protected Health Information (‘PHI’) is alleged to have been disclosed improperly by Caremark and Fiserv (i.e., the Defendants), through mailings that were mailed, provided, or sent for delivery in August 2017 as part of Caremark’s administration of OhDAP.”
- Estimated Amount: Up to $12,900
- All Class Members will automatically receive $400 (with no proof)
- Class Members can claim up to $10,000 in financial injuries
- Class Members can claim up to $2,500 in non-financial injuries
- Proof of Purchase: No
- Case Name & Number: Doe One, et al. v. CVS Health Corp., et al., Case No. 2:18-cv-00238, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
(Click the link above to file a claim)
How To File a Claim
- Head over to the Ohio CVS HIV Status Claim Form.
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by December 20, 2019 to receive your potential award!
For individuals whose health information has been improperly disclosed by Caremark and Fiserv, you are eligible for a potential award from the Ohio CVS HIV Status Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the lawsuit, CVS inadvertently disclosed highly sensitive information about program applicants through mail. So if you are eligible, file a claim by December 20, 2019 to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!