As you all know, I have a family plan of 5 phones and a SERO plan. I’m very happy with my plan since it’s so cheap. I have most of the freebies and add-ons such as bonus minutes, free 6pm, free text messages, etc. So whenever I renew my plan, I want to get free money for renewing my plan.
I usually renew my family plan after 12 months into my two years contract. Since I have 5 separate lines with my family plan, I renew each line separately. It would be stupid for me too call them and renew all 5 lines at once. Why? Because whenever I call them, I ask for at least $70 credit and a new free phone for that one line alone. With 5 phones, and if I renew it 5 times, I can get 5 x $70 = $350 bonus credit. I asked for $70 because Sprint sent out letter like this $70 service credit letter.
It goes like this, dial *2, say Cancel so you will get Retention Dept:
- CSR: Yes, how can I help you?
- Me: I’m calling for this number …….. I think my contract for this number on my family plan is almost up. I’m thinking of canceling it since my phone doesn’t work well.
- CSR: Hmmm…I’m sorry to hear that. You have 9 more months on your contract. You are qualify for $150 credit.
- Me: Oh really…What free phones can I get?
- CSR: Blah blah blah blah blah…..
- Me: ummmm….I’m not sure. If I get a new phone, does that mean my 2 years start over again?
- CSR: Yes. Your contract will be renewed for 2 years.
- Me: I see. I have a letter saying that I can get $70 credit to renew my plan also. I will renew my number for this line only if I can get the $70 credit and a new phone.
- CSR: Let me check with my supervisor…..Okay, sir. You got it.
- Me: Thanks. Sign me up. Again, it’s for this number only okay?
- CSR: Yes, just this number.
I make sure that it’s only for one number only. I do this so I can call using my other 4 numbers and do the same thing. Hence, $70 x 5 = $350 free credit + free phones. If you want certain freebies, you might want to throw it in too. It depends what you want. Sometimes, it makes more sense to ask for other stuffs for free if you are paying monthly charge for it.
You might even try your luck to ask for $115 credit to renew. Here’s an example of a $115 Sprint credit letter.
Citi® Diamond Preferred® Rewards Card gives you 6000 bonus points = $50 gift card
- 0% APR* on balance transfers for 12 months
- $50 Gift Card – Earn 6,000 bonus points after first purchase made within first 3 months
- 5 reward points for every $1 spent on purchases at supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations; 1 point for every $1 on all other purchases
- No annual fee and FREE rewards program
- Citi Identity Theft Solutions
- Price Protection Program
- $0 Liability on unauthorized purchases
Wait, I cannot fathom it being so striaghfotrawrd.
I’m not sure since I never had Verizon. You can always call them up to see what they can offer you. I’m sure they have a Retention Dept. too. If not, I suggest you sign up with Sprint SERO plan. $30 for something you would prob pay $75 for on Verizon.
I have a Verizon plan, and my “new every two” is coming up at the end of Feb. Do you know how I can find out if I can get any “goodies” like the Sprint ones you mention in this post? I would really appreciate you help and input. Keep up the good work and thanks for all the great advice!!