Have you ever paid Rite Aid for a copy of your personal pharmacy records? Rite Aid customers who paid either a $50 or $85 fixed records charge for pharmacy records after Jan. 1, 2005 may be eligible to receive a $15- $25 Rite Aid Gift Card from the Rite Aid Records Charge Class Action Lawsuit. The lawsuit alleges that Rite Aid charges a “fixed fee” that are not rational to the actual cost of Rite Aid processing a request for records. Effective July 1, 2010, federal law allows a search and retrieval fee of $25.88, a certification fee of $9.70 and a copying costs for records (in paper) of $0.97/per pages 1-20, $0.83/per pages 21-100, and $0.66 for pages over 100. This means that by Rite Aid charging a flat, fixed-fee of either $50 or $85 it far exceeds any actual costs the retail pharmacy may have incurred.
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $225 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account: Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and use their Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening. Learn More---Aspiration Review|
|BMO Harris Bank Checking: Get up to a $350 cash bonus with a new checking account. Get all the banking perks you need to make real financial progress Learn More---BMO Harris Bank Checking Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $150 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
Rite Aid Records Class Action Lawsuit:
- Rite Aid Records Charge Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 3/7/2016
- Who’s Eligible: All persons or entity who paid Rite Aid Hdqtrs. Corp. or Rite Aid Corporation a Fixed Records Charge of either $50 or $85 for the production of customer pharmacy records.
- Estimated Amount: Class Members who submit a valid Claim Form will receive a $15 Rite Aid gift card for each $50 pharmacy records fee they paid, and a $25 Rite Aid gift card for each $85 pharmacy records fee paid.
- Proof of Purchase: Potential Class Members who need to check to see if they paid either $50 or $85 to obtain pharmacy records after Jan. 1, 2005 can fill out the Information Form. Rite Aid will research their database on your behalf to see if any business records exist under your name.
- Case Name & Number: Anthony Frank Lasseter & Amber Osborne v. Rite-Aid Hdqtrs. Corp., et al.,Case No. 09-cv-2013-900031 in the Circuit Court of Bullock County, Alabama.
How to File a Claim:
- Head to the Rite Aid Records Charge Claim Form.
- If you are unsure whether or not you are eligible you may first complete a Request Form and Rite Aid will research their database for any records under your name.
- Otherwise, fill out the online claim form, print and mail to:
Lasseter v. Rite-Aid Corporation c/o GCG
P.O. Box 10204
Dublin, OH 43017-3904
Attn: Rite Aid Nationwide Class Settlement
- You must complete this form and submit before March 7, 2016. If you have questions, call 1 (888) 985-9384
Rite Aid has agreed to settle the pharmacy records class action lawsuit in order to avoid further costs of litigation, they deny any wrongdoing. If you’ve paid either a $50 or $85 fixed records charge for pharmacy records after Jan. 1, 2005 you may be eligible for a $15- $25 Rite Aid Gift Card. Be sure to file a claim for this Rite Aid Records Charge Class Action Lawsuit if you believe you are affected and then take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card offers 75,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
In addition, you'll earn 6,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary each year.
• Earn 3X points on Southwest purchases.
• Earn 2X points on local transit and commuting, including rideshare.
• Earn 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming.
You're able to redeem your points for flights, hotel stays, gift cards, access to events and more.
This card does carry a $99 annual fee, but there are no foreign transaction fee.