Ms. Miles, a regular HMB’s reader, wrote to me using the Contact Form:
Thank you for all your wonderful work on saving people money. My husband checks your site everyday before he checks his own email and we have saved money with (y)our help. I’ve been looking for deals on Disney World Tickets for spring break and I cant find any. Can you help?
You betcha! First, tell your husband I appreciate his dedication for using this site as a saving money resource. I’m assuming you don’t live in Orlando, Florida. Hence, I’m guessing you would need airplane tickets, hotels, car rental, and tickets for Disney World.
For Airline Tickets:
- Chase 25K Continental Miles Bonus – 25K miles is good enough for a free ticket. You and your husband get one each. However, you must get the continental debit card which will cost you $25. More in-dept Review on the 25K bonus. Good til March 31, 2010.
- Continental Airline Mastercard – Get 25K miles after first purchase and another 5K miles for additional user. More than enough for a free flight. There are many other cards giving away bonus miles to get free tickets.
- Mr. Rebates/Priceline combo – Get a $5 bonus for signing up Mr. Rebates. In your Mr. Rebates account, search for Priceline, then go through the link for 2% cash back. At Priceline, go through the Name Your Own Price for Hotels. Make sure you know the dates and the number of Stars hotel you want. Research the regular price…say $125 per night..now at Name Your Own Price..put in $50 per night. You can usually save 50% using this method.
- **My guess is if you want to save money, stay at a Hotel outside of Disney World** – but if not, then you can do the same by going through Mr. Rebates for sites such as Travelocity, Priceline and so on to save you money on those Disney World Packages.
- Again, same thing with the Mr. Rebates/Priceline’s name your own price car rental. Usually you can save up to 50% with this method also for Car Rental.
- If it’s still expensive, you might consider find coupon codes online from sites such as slickdeals.net or fatwallet.com. Then go through Mr. Rebates first to get cash back for sites such as Hertz, Dollar, Enterprise, etc.
Disney World Tickets:
- Free Disney World Tickets by Volunteering – Sign up their volunteer a day of service to get free tickets. Make sure to sign up first, then put in your zip code to find a local participating program. Each person who participates in this program will receive a 1-day, 1-theme park ticket to Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort, free.
Again, I hope this help. I just did a quick/on top of head post from your email an hour ago. I’m sure there are more ways to save money on your trip. Fellow readers can add comments and I’ll find more ways to save money for your trip.
Got more questions on finding a deal/saving you money?
I don’t know if I can find a deal for you everytime, but it doesn’t hurt to ask using my Contact Form.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.,
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
• 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
Earn 4X Membership Rewards(R) Points at Restaurants, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S., and earn 4X Membership Rewards(R) points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
Earn 3X Membership Rewards(R) points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.