Earlier in September, American Express Platinum $200 Airline Incidental Reimbursement was not issuing any credits. One of the perks of this card is that you get up to $200 annually, statement credit on incidental charges like baggage fees. However, it now looks like claims are going through again. If you’ve made qualifying purchases, then you may still get that posted to your account. The “Dead Zone” for these failed reimbursements seems to fall somewhere before September 27th but now the purchases including those made through the MPX app is again triggering the automatic airline incidental refunds. Remember you must first select a qualifying airline before buying, only eligible purchases will be refunded to your account. There are some reports that gift card purchases are being credited but YMMV so don’t expect to get a reimbursement but if you happen to get it, count yourself lucky!
$200 Airline Incidental Reimbursement:
- Promotion: Get American Express Platinum statement credit for incidental fees when you pay with your American Express Platinum Card
- Valid: Up to $200 airline credit fee annually per card, Reimbursement is usually posted within 2-4 days.
- Additional Terms: Card holder must select qualifying airline before making eligible purchases. You may change your airline once a year in January. If no change is made then your previous selection remains.
- Non Qualifying Purchases Include: Incidental air travel fees charged prior to selection of a qualifying airline, Airline tickets, upgrades, Mileage points purchases, Mileage points transfer fees, Gift cards, Duty free purchases, Wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners, Award tickets are not deemed to be incidental fees.
Going forward you can expect to get automatically credited when you make qualifying purchases towards American Express Platinum $200 Airline Incidental Reimbursement. If you elect to make gift cards purchases be aware that those are not eligible under their guidelines and may not be honored for a statement credit. Those who choose United as their airline will be reimbursed for United gift registry contributions. So, BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase you must enroll and select UA as your airline to make eligible contributions to your gift registry. See more Points, Miles and Bonuses Deals!
The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 80,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
This card comes with an annual fee of $695 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only. Terms Apply.