Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is newly renovated to provide you the well-known premier charge card for the frequent traveler who revels in the prestige and luxury the name affords. Right now, you can get 60,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after you spend $5,000 in first 3 months of card issuance.
Cardholders earn 5X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. In addition, you also get up to $200 Uber savings each year with this card!
Once your unlimited points accumulate, use them whenever you’re ready because your points don’t expire as long as you have this card. Pay with points for travel! Fly anytime, anywhere with no blackout dates or restrictions, or shop online on their website.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Table of Contents
American Express Platinum Card Summary
With the The Platinum Card® from American Express:
• Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
• Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
• 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
• 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
• Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
• Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
• $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
• Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
• $550 annual fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Travel With Amazing Benefits
- Complementary Amex Lounge Access: Enjoy complimentary access to over 1,000 airport lounges in over 120 countries! Get into The Centurion lounge network, the International American Express lounges, Delta Sky Clubs, and Airspace Lounges. It’s a swell opportunity to relax and enjoy a fine meal. In addition to lounge access, you also get enrolled in Priority Pass Select!
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: With the Amex Platinum, checking in a bag isn’t going to cost you an arm and a leg. You’ll receive $200 airline fee credit every year. Thus, any purchases with a qualifying airline will be eligible for you to receive statement credit up to that amount.
- $200 Uber Savings Annually: Link your Amex Platinum card with your Uber account. Earn up to $200 Uber savings each year! Now is the time to save and take advantage of Uber ride-share!
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck: With TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, you can bypass crazy lines during busy airport times. Just apply for one, pay with this card, and receive statement credit in the amount of your application cost. It’ll save you time if you’re running late!
- The Hotel Collection Benefits: Book your stay with American Express Travel. Stay there a minimum of 2 consecutive nights to receive a room upgrade, if it’s available. You also get $75 hotel credit at the place to spend on qualifying dining, spa and resort activities. It’s definitely great if you didn’t get an enjoyable flight meal or if you’re exhausted and need some relaxation.
Although at initial glance the $550 annual fee seems a little hefty, the benefits offered justify the cost.
To start, as a cardholder you get complimentary benefits with every stay at more than 700 luxurious hotels around the world! Just book through Platinum Travel Service. Plus, get a free companion ticket with the purchase of a qualifying international Business Class ticket when you book with Platinum Travel Service.
Additionally, receive roadside assistance coverage that amounts up to $200. You also get to enjoy $200 Uber savings annually. Plus, with $200 airline fee credit, that’s already a total savings of $400 in benefits alone!
Not to overlook, there are tons of other perks. Some include purchase and return protection, extended purchase warranty, travel/bag/car insurance, and access to the Platinum concierge service. If you’re on the market for a travel card with all the bells and whistles, The Platinum Card® from American Express is the one.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card||30K Points||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|ABOC Platinum Rewards Mastercard®||$150 Cash||Review|