American and United Airlines going all out in a European fare war with cheap tickets from each other’s hub cities to European cities during the months of September-December. This means American are lowing the prices for their flights on United’s hubs of Cleveland, Denver, Newark, San Francisco, and Washington DC/IAH. As well as United is lowing their prices for their flights on American hub’s such as Charlotte, Dallas, Philadelphia, and Phoenix. Most of these deals will be available on Priceline. They’re lowering many flights to Europe, so take advantage of this deal!
We recommend you look up your preferred dates on Google Flights in case there is a cheaper price then the ones we listed. Depending where you are flying from, the prices can change, but we found that traveling from Newark to Lisbon to be the cheapest, but that can always change! (YMMV) The airline fares rules associated with your flight and be reviewed over pre-purchase, on your contract, and post purchase with the itinerary displayed on their website, be sure you read their full terms before making your purchase.
Editor Note: Rumors are going around that Delta is trying to compete as well, so don’t be shy to check their price in case they’re lower!
Flights US Cities To Europe:
- Buy it Now
- Promotion: Round Trip From Cleveland, Denver, Newark, San Francisco, Washington DC, Charlotte, Dallas, Philadelphia, and Phoenix starting $407.66
The cheapest route I found was Newark to Lisbon, but you can always try your luck with other flights.
- Valid: September – December
- Terms: Prices shown based on searches made in the last 24 hours. Due to constant changing availability, these fares may no longer be available. For FAQ you can contact your airlines at their Help page. Baggage fees are not included in your trip cost unless otherwise stated and will be charged directly by the airline at check-in. Please visit your chosen carrier to review all fare cost including taxes and baggage fees. Purchases must be made at least 2 weeks in advance of departure.
How To Get Europe Flight Deal:
- Use Priceline to check the flights and times that fit best for you. We recommend selecting Delta since their prices seem to be the cheapest. (YMMV)
- Once you found the times that you would like make sure you book it early so that it doesn’t change.
- To earn cash back we highly recommend using American Express Premier Rewards Gold to save the most money.
These two Airlines are competing against each other, so take advantage of all the cheap flights you can get right now. This is a cheap way to get a vacation without playing so much. When you book, make sure you use your American Express Premier Rewards Cold Card to save yourself even more money! As always I highly recommend taking this offer because flight deals never last long, and it’s always fascinating seeing other country and cultures. US citizens should visit the US Passport & International Travel website for the latest information, including exercising safety abroad and entry requirements. Sample Date: September 11, 2016 to September 18, 2016. This is the cheapest I found but YMMV. Checkout more ways to Save Money!
The IHG One Rewards Traveler Credit Card offers 80,000 bonus points after spending $2,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
You'll earn up to 17X points total per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG Hotels & Resorts, 3X points per $1 spent on purchases at monthly bills, gas stations, and restaurants. 2X point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
This card has no annual fee or foreign transaction fees.