As previously posted, JetBlue is currently offering to match your Virgin America Elevate point balance in your account by simply registering and then flying a JetBlue round-trip flight by August 31, 2016. They’re actually offering to do more than a 1 to 1 match! In some cases they’ll even match your account at a better than 1:1 ratio. For example, if you have 50,001 Elevate points, they’ll give you 75,000 TrueBlue points. At the bottom end, 500 Virgin America points will result in 5,000 JetBlue points. At the top end, 50,001 Virgin America points will result in 75,000 JetBlue points.
You can match your Elevate points balance when you show JetBlue your Elevate Points balance but you must complete this by July 4, 2016. This is an incredible offer, so take advantage of this offer while you can! Do you not have any points whatsoever? Well, I’ll show you how you can take full advantage of this offer in this post from scratch using Starpoints and their current sales promotion costing $980.02.
How To Earn 75,000 TrueBlue Points:
If you’re starting off with zero points, no problem! At the moment, you can buy Starpoints for 30% off when you purchase a minimum of 5000 Starpoints! A typical Starpoint is about 3.5 cents each at normal price. Normally, you could purchase 5000 Starpoints for $175, but with the current 30% off promotion, you could purchase 5000 Starpoints for only $122.50. That would be equivalent to 2.45 cents each point! With this promotion, you can purchase up to 30,000 points, so if you do decide to buy all 30,000 points, it would cost you $735 during this sale promotion. Keep in mind that you can also ask a friend to buy Starpoints as well and have them transferred to your Virgin America account. In addition to the current sales promotion, SPG is offering you 5000 bonus points per 20,000 points transferred. The goal here is to purchase and end up with 40,001 Starpoints (you will then receive 10,000 bonus points when you transfer the points to your Virgin America account) totaling 50,001 Virgin America points. This method will require you to find a friend or family member that will help you with the Starpoints sales promotion.
As you can see above, you can purchase up to 30,000 Starpoints. With the promotion costing pricing each point at 2.45 cents, you can purchase 30,000 points for a total of $735. Each person can only purchase a maximum of 30,000 points and you will need 10,001 more points. This is where your family member or friend comes into play. He/she will need to purchase 10,001 more points which will end up costing $245.02. At the end of taking full advantage of Starpoints sales promotion, you should end up with 40,001 Starpoints spending $980.02.
You should now have a grand total of 40,001 Starpoints! Now with SPG’s 5000 bonus points per 20,000 points transfer, you can score a free 10,000 points when you transfer your 40,001 Starpoints to your Virgin America account giving you a total of 50,001 Virgin America points. Congratulations, you now have a total of 50,001 Virgin America points to qualify for the JetBlue TrueBlue Point Match Offer! You should now be able to qualify for 70,000 TrueBlue Points!
Keep in mind to fully qualify for this offer, you must fly round-trip with JetBlue. Thanks to JetBlue’s 2-Day Sale, you can fly for as low as $34 one-way or $68 round-trip. See our JetBlue 2-Day Sale review.
JetBlue TrueBlue Point Match Info:
- Learn More
- Promotion: JetBlue will match your Elevate Points (or give you even more)
- Availability: Available to new or existing TrueBlue members.
- Expiration: 07/04/2016
- Terms: To qualify, members must send an email including their TrueBlue number and a picture of their Elevate® account dashboard showing first name, last name, and points balance to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7/4/2016, await receipt of an email to confirm registration for the promotion and then book new roundtrip flights operated by JetBlue and completed all travel by 08/31/2016. Number of points awarded will be based on Elevate® points balance evidenced by submitted proof. Proof is subject to verification.
How To Earn JetBlue TrueBlue Offer:
Here’s the process they describe for taking advantage of the promotion:
- Elevate® members must email a screenshot of their account dashboard to email@example.com by 07/04/2016. Screenshots must include first name, last name, and points balance. Please include your TrueBlue number in the email. If you are not a TrueBlue member yet, sign up now.
- Once they assess your balance and eligibility, they will email you to let you know if you’re officially registered for the promotion.
- Then book and fly one roundtrip JetBlue flight by 08/31/2016.
- Enjoy your new TrueBlue points balance – and love for JetBlue!
To get the most out of this promotion starting with 0 Starpoints and/or 0 Virgin America miles (starting from scratch), the best option is to transfer 40,001 SPG points to Virgin America. Since SPG offers 5,000 bonus points per 20,000 transfer, this will result in 50,001 Virgin America miles. Completing those steps will result in 75,000 JetBlue points, but keep in mind you must fly a JetBlue round-trip by August 31, 2016 to fully qualify for this offer. This method is for those who have zero points and would like to achieve the most out of JetBlue’s promotion. See how you can make the most out of your flight travels and receive free points and rewards by visiting our points and miles section!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.