The settlement will benefit former U.S. owners and lessees of certain BMW vehicles with defects linked to the engines’ timing chains. As a result of the defects, BMW engines reportedly sustain damage and can even be destroyed — leading to costly repairs. You may be eligible for a potential award from the BMW Timing Chain Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the class action, its timing chain components are defective, causing engine damage and other issues. So if you are eligible, file a claim by March 18, 2021 to receive your potential award!
BMW Timing Chain Class Action Lawsuit
- Claim Form Deadline: March 18, 2021
- Who’s Eligible: Former U.S. owners and lessees of the following vehicles:
- 2012 to 2015 X1 SAV
- 2013 to 2015 X3 SAV
- 2015 X4 SAV
- 2012 to 2015 Z4
- 2014 to 2015 228i Coupe, Convertible
- 2012 to 2015 320i Sedan
- 2012 to 2015 328i Sedan, Sports Wagon, Gran Turismo
- 2014 to 2015 428i Coupe, Convertible, Gran Coupe
- 2012 to 2015 528i Sedan
- Estimated Amount: A reimbursement program and a prospective repair program which provide reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses incurred for the repair or replacement of one failed timing chain module, oil pump drive chain module and engine.
- Proof of Purchase: Vehicle model, model year and VIN number
- Case Name & Number: Gelis, et al. v. Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft, et al., Case No. 2:17-cv-07386, in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
(Click here to file a claim)
How To File a Claim
- Head over to the BMW Timing Chain Claim Form.
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by March 18, 2021 to receive your potential award!
The settlement will benefit Former U.S. owners and lessees of the following vehicles listed above. You may be eligible for a potential award from the BMW Timing Chain Class Action Lawsuit!
If you are eligible, file a claim by the deadline to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.