While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
The American Express® Business Gold Card offers 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
You'll earn more rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month** (**4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*). In addition, you'll get an airline bonus; 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
This card does carry a $295 annual fee, but no foreign transaction fees. (See Rates & Fees)
This offer is no longer available.
The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express is offering 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months following approval of your new Card account. You’ll also enjoy 3X points (choose 1 out of 5 categories), 2X points on the 4 remaining categories, and 1X points on other purchases.
Because of its many privileges, the Business Gold Rewards Card is considered to be the gold standard and targeted at business owners with excellent credit. Card holders can use points to entertain clients, reward employees, reduce travel costs, or just offset the everyday expenses of moving your business forward. There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $175.
If you have a side business such as selling on eBay, Craigslist, or do freelance work, then your business is called sole proprietorship. Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID.
Business Gold Rewards Card Features:
Membership Rewards Points:
With your Membership Rewards points, they can be transferred to nearly a dozen airline frequent flyer programs, usually on a 1:1 basis. Some of the participants include Delta, British Airways, Frontier, JetBlue, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, AeroMexico, Cathay Pacific, EL AL Israel Airlines, Air France & KLM, Hawaiian, Singapore, and many more. You can use you points for other travel including hotels, cruises, rental cars and much more.
If not, you could always cash out your points for gift cards and merchandise from over 500 different partners. Lastly, simply use the points for entertainment including Ticketmaster tickets and dining. Points have no expiration date and accrue as your spending grows. You can earn as many points as you want and you could redeem them whenever it is convenient for you.
More Business Gold Rewards Card Features:
- No annual fee for the first year, a savings of $175. Use your American Express business card and see all the many distinctive benefits. If you feel like it’s worth the $175 annual fee, then sign up. If not, simply cancel within your first year of card membership and pay absolutely no fee at all.
- 3x Points, 2x Points on many categories. 3X points on one of the following categories: Airfare purchased directly from airlines, U.S. purchases for advertising in select media, U.S. purchases at gas stations, U.S. purchases for shipping,U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing purchases made directly from select providers. Then 2X points for the remainder 4 categories. Up to $100,000 spent in each category per year qualifies for the higher rewards. After that, as well as for all other eligible purchases, it’s 1X point per dollar spent.
- Travel Benefits. On eligible travel purchases made with the card, enjoy complimentary car rental loss and damage insurance, travel accident insurance, and emergency replacement of your American Express Business Gold Card. Please consult issuer for the rules and restrictions associated with each benefit.
- Roadside Assistance. You get up to 4 calls per year for roadside assistance. That’s up to $50 worth per call.
- Purchasing Benefits. Eligible purchases include the extended warranty benefit, purchase protection for the first 90 days against theft and accidental damage, and the absolute best dispute resolution.
- Pay no interest charges. Because it is a charge card, not a credit card, you have to pay your balance in full each month. Make sure you make your payment in time so you won’t incur any interest.
- No pre-set spending limit. With no specific spending limit, cardholders get great cash flow flexibility which is based on the usage of your card, your payment history, credit record and other factors.
- Return Protection. If you’ve lost the receipt and cannot return an item you purchases. Amex Business Reward Gold will refund your purchase price within 90 days from the date of purchase up to $300 per item. This only applies to eligible purchases.
- Automatic car rental loss and damage insurance. When you charge your car rental to your card, you will be covered with this insurance at no extra charge. Remember to decline the collision damage waiver offered by the car rental company. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
This card is made for those with an established business along with excellent credit! The Business Gold Rewards Card From American Express offers extensive benefits such as exclusive access to Gold Card events, purchase protection, extended warranty, travel insurance and so much more. With an established business it’s nice to have a card in your portfolio that allows you to take control with your point earning categories. You get to choose 1 out of 5 categories for your 3X points, 2X points on the remaining categories you didn’t chose and 1X points for everything else.
You can continue your daily operations knowing that American Express is here to offer you the best. For more of the best business credit cards, check out our full listing. If you are interested in other credit card bonuses, check out all our reviews and exclusive offers here on HustlerMoneyBlog.com.