The Charity Charge World Mastercard® Credit Card operates on a simple yet compelling mission. You donate your credit card rewards automatically to nonprofit organizations of your choice. This socially conscious feature sets the card apart from other traditional credit cards.
You’ll have access to an online dashboard to track your donations and see how you’re helping to make an impact. There aren’t any fees to process your donations and the rewards you offer are tax-deductible.
Keep reading for everything you need to know about the Charity Charge World Mastercard®.
|1% cash back donated to your nonprofit or school of choice
|Anywhere Mastercard is accepted
|Foreign transaction fees
|1% of each transaction in U.S. Dollars. 2% of each transaction made in currencies other than U.S. Dollars.
|Donations tax deductible
|Average to Excellent
(No annual fee)
Charity Charge Features
This no-annual-fee credit card has a 1% cash back rate for each and every purchase you make. Your cash rewards will be transferred directly to Network for Good, a fundraising tool that securely and efficiently distributes donations from donors to their favorite charities.
When you sign up for Charity Charge, you’ll be asked to pick one nonprofit organization, K-12 school, college or religious organization to support. If you qualify for the credit card, you can then add up to two more charities, out of more than 2 million choices. Donations are sent on a quarterly basis because it’s easier for the nonprofit to get one large amount rather than a pitter patter of small transactions.
By sending your donation through Charity Charge, the payment is not subject to credit card transaction fees, which can cost anywhere from 2.5% to 7.5%. There are no other processing fees and no hidden costs, so the charity of your choice will get a full $100 if you donate $100.
Along with 1% cash back rewards, you’ll also get the following benefits:
- Pick your own monthly due date and payment method, either by check or online payment.
- Easily pay with your smartphone wherever Mastercard is accepted. Charity Charge is compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Garmin Pay, and Fitbit Pay.
- Use the Commerce Bank mobile app to make payments, manage your account, and much more.
- Charity Charge cardholders get a 10% discount on all OneFineStay bookings. Choose from over 2,500 high-end rentals in cities like London, Paris, Rome, New York, Los Angeles, Miami and San Francisco.
- As a World Mastercard member, you have access to a complimentary 24/7 concierge service. Call the number on the back of your card to get immediate personal assistance.
Luxury Travel Benefits
- Also as part of the World Mastercard collection, you’re guaranteed the best price on travel services, including flights, hotels and cruises.
- If you find a lower price for an eligible item within 120 days after you purchased it using your Charity Charge card, you may get reimbursed for the price difference.
- Get additional warranty protection at no additional cost on items that you purchase with your Charity Charge credit card.
- Purchase from over 140 stores via ShopRunner and receive unlimited free two-day shipping and return shipping on all items.
Charity Charge Security
- Personalized emails or text messages to stay on top of your account
- Alerts when there is suspicious activity on your card
- Mastercard ID theft protection to help detect and resolve identity theft
- Zero liability coverage if your card is ever lost or stolen
- Ability to temporarily lock your credit card until you find it
Charity Charge World Mastercard® Credit Card
- Earn an unlimited 1% cash back that’s automatically donated on your behalf through your everyday purchases.
- Donate your cash back to any nonprofit or religious organization of your choice. 100% Tax-Deductible.
- No Annual Fee.
- An easy way to make a difference (at no cost to you).
- Low APR between Prime + 6.99%-16.99% dependent on creditworthiness. Balance transfer fee of either $10 or 5% of the amount of each Balance Transfer, whichever is greater.
- Receive all the benefits of a World Mastercard such as extended warranty, Mastercard global service, concierge services, ID theft protection, price guarantee, and many more exclusive services.
- Chip and Apple Pay-enabled
- 1.99% for 6 monthly billing cycles
- Regular APR 16.24%-22.24% (Variable)
- Intro Balance Transfers APR 1.99% for 6 monthly billing cycles
|Additional Cardholder Fee
|Balance Transfer Fee
|$10 or 5% (whichever is greater)
|Up to $37
|Foreign Transaction Fee (in USD)
|Foreign Transaction Fee (not in USD)
Charity Charge World Mastercard® Credit Card doesn’t offer the strongest cash back. But for many people, it offers something better: The opportunity to support great charities around the world. The card conveniently forwards your cash back to the nonprofits of your choice — a rare benefit that separates it from the competition.
If you’re not convinced that this is the right card for you, compare your options in our guide to credit cards.