If you currently reside in Connecticut and re-financed a residential mortgage that may have been over-charged, then you may be eligible for a potential award from the Chicago Title Insurance Class Action Lawsuit. This lawsuit claims that they improperly failed to charge the discounted refinance rate for lenders’ title insurance policies in some residential mortgage refinance transactions. Chicago Title denies the allegations but decided to settle the matter to mitigate ongoing litigation expenses. Misrepresenting these borrowers that the inflated amounts being charged are correct, and failing to disclose to these borrowers that they are entitled to hundreds of dollars in savings is a violation of title insurance for Connecticut Law. If you are eligible, file a claim by May 29, 2018 to receive your award!
Chicago Title Insurance Class Action Lawsuit:
- Chicago Title Insurance Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: May 29, 2018
- Who’s Eligible:Class Members of the Chicago Title Insurance settlement include all persons who:
- Paid for a lender’s policy of title insurance issued by Chicago Title and its agents in connection with the refinancing of a mortgage loan on a residential property in Connecticut from Jan. 1, 2000 to Sept. 26, 2006 and where the premises had been mortgaged within the previous 10-year period by a mortgage loan from a bank, credit union or other financial institution that was the primary loan used to purchase the property or to pay off all previously existing mortgages on the property;
- Paid more than the discounted refinance rate under the applicable Chicago Title Company rate manual;
- Had no intervening change in fee ownership of the premises since the prior existing mortgage (other than the addition or deletion of a family member); and
- Whose current or former property address appears on the Class Mailing Notice List.
- Proof of Purchase: Class Members who submit their claims online must enter a PIN to be able to access the online form. If you prefer to submit a paper Claim Form, you may download one here and mail it in. Claimants must provide all of the information that is requested in order to qualify for payment from the Chicago Title Insurance class action settlement.
- Case Name & Number: Deborah Mahon v. Chicago Title Insurance Company, Case No. 3:09-cv-00690-AWT, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
How To File a Claim:
- Head over to the Chicago Title Insurance Claim Form.
- Look over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your information.
- Submit your claim by May 29, 2018 to receive your potential award!
Connecticut residents who have recently re-financed their residential mortgage are now entitled for a potential award from the Chicago Title Insurance Class Action Lawsuit. According to the lawsuit, Chicago Title incorrectly charged the discounted refinance rate for lenders’ title insurance policies in some residential mortgage refinance transactions. They failed to notify residents that they are entitled to hundreds of dollars in savings is a violation of title insurance for Connecticut Law. If you are eligible, be sure to file a claim by May 29, 2018. Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Buy Now, Pay Later: Enjoy $0 intro plan fees when you use Plan It(R) to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 intro plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months from the date of account opening. Plans created after that will have a monthly plan fee up to 1.33% of each eligible purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors.
Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 18.99% to 29.99%
• 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
• 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more).
• 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Preferred Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required.
The card does come with a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)