For those living or visiting New York City, you may want to check out the new Capital One Bank branch located at 2519 Broadway, New York, NY 10025 for the grand opening $150 Checking Bonus good until May 31, 2015. To earn the $150 bonus, simply open any Capital One checking account and make three debit card purchases OR set up direct deposit within 90 days of account opening. They want you to enter your name and contact info to set up an appointment I assume so that they can get you in and out pretty quickly.
Capital One Bank $150 Bonus Information:
- Sign up Offer– Branch Visit Only
- Account Type: Rewards Checking, Premier Rewards Checking, or High Yield Checking
- Availability: New York City, NY (2519 Broadway)
- Expiration Date: 5/31/2015
- Hard Inquiry: No, soft pull only.
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Optional
- Monthly Fee: You can easily waived the Rewards Checking $8.95 monthly fee with a $300 daily balance.
- Additional Requirements: Either set up direct deposit or make 3 debit card purchases.
- Closing Account Fee: None.
I think anyone can stop by the branch to get the bonus whether you are a New York resident or not. For those already with a Capital One checking or gotten a bank bonus from them last year, the $150 bonus promotion doesn’t apply to you. If you do open the bank account, you may want to read all the fine print such as early termination fee, overdraft protection(tell them NOT to put overdraft protection so there won’t be a hard pull), etc. Once you make the 3 debit card purchases requirement, Capital One Bank will deposit your $150 bonus within 7 weeks. See our full list of Bank Deals for all promotion offers.
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express offers a $250 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Buy Now, Pay Later: Enjoy $0 intro plan fees when you use Plan It(R) to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 intro plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months from the date of account opening. Plans created after that will have a monthly plan fee up to 1.33% of each eligible purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors.
Low intro APR: 0% for 12 months on purchases from the date of account opening, then a variable rate, 18.74% to 29.74%
• 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%).
• 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more).
• 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Preferred Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required.
The card does come with a $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95. (See Rates & Fees)