Have you ever purchased purchased Avalon Organics or JASON brand cosmetic products? If you bought products from either of these brands between 5/11/2007 and 1/6/2015, then you may be entitled to over $80 in cash and coupons from the JASON and Avalon Organics Class Action Lawsuit. The class action lawsuit claims that Hain Celestial Group, the manufacturers of these products, falsely markets its cosmetic products as organic. As a result, the products are in violation of California’s Organic Products Act, which requires that products represented as organic consist of at least 70 percent organic ingredients. If you do not have proof of purchase for these products, you can receive up to $80 in cash and coupons when you file a claim. Customers that do have proof of purchase will be awarded even more. To see whether or not you have purchased an eligible product, just head to the List of Challenged Products. By agreeing to a settlement, Hain ends any further litigation but does not admit any wrongdoing.
|BMO Bank Checking: Earn $400 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Smart Advantage Checking or Smart Money Checking Account and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 120 days. Learn More---BMO Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Fifth Third Bank Checking: Get $200 when you open an eligible Fifth Third checking account and make qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening.
Apply Now---Fifth Third Bank Checking Review
Avalon Organics Class Action Lawsuit:
- JASON and Avalon Organics Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 1/12/2016
- Who’s Eligible: Consumers who purchased certain JASON and/or Avalon Organics cosmetic products in the United States between 5/11/2007 and 1/6/2015. The only exception is if the products were USDA certified as organic.
- Estimated Amount: Up to $80 without receipts. More with receipts.
- Proof of Purchase: None required but you must have receipts if you want to be reimbursed for any more than $80.
- Case Name & Number: Brown v. The Hain Celestial Group Inc., Case No. 3:11-cv-03082-LB, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
How to File a Claim:
- Head to the JASON and Avalon Organics Claim Form.
- To submit a Claim Form online, you must first provide your personal information.
- You will then be asked to list out which products you purchased and when you purchased them (you will be able to choose from a list).
- If you have proof of purchase, there will be a specific box that you must check. Once checked, you will have access to a new section of the form where you will then provide your supporting documents.
- File your claim by 1/12/2016 if you want to be included in the JASON and Avalon Organics Settlement.
The Hain Celestial Group Inc. denies all wrongdoing but has agreed to settle the JASON and Avalon Organic Class Action Lawsuit to avoid the risk and expense of ongoing litigation. The company was allegedly mislabeling its cosmetic products as organic, so if you were affected, file a claim today to receive your $80+ settlement and then take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements!