If you used an American Express gift card between 1/1/2002 and 10/15/2013, you are entitled to up to $40 from the American Express Gift Card Class Action Lawsuit. This settlement resolves a lawsuit accusing the company of misrepresenting the value of the cards and failing to notify consumers about the full terms and conditions. According to the plaintiffs, there were significant limitations on the use of the American Express gift cards. They allege that this failure caused consumers to be unable to utilize the full value of the gift cards because merchants either could not or refused to process split tender transactions. The plaintiffs also state that American Express improperly applied fees against the available gift card funds. Amex denies any wrongdoing but has decided to settle the matter outside of court.
|BMO Bank Checking: Earn $400 cash bonus when you open a new BMO Smart Advantage Checking or Smart Money Checking Account and have a total of at least $4,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 120 days. Learn More---BMO Bank Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $200 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and make direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of coupon enrollment. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Beyond Checking account and set up direct deposit of at least $2,500. It comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
|Fifth Third Bank Checking: Get $350 when you open an eligible Fifth Third checking account and make qualifying direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 90 days of account opening.
Apply Now---Fifth Third Bank Checking Review
Amex Gift Card Class Action Lawsuit:
- American Express Gift Card Claim Form
- Claim Form Deadline: 11/16/2015
- Who’s Eligible:
- Customers that tried to make at least one purchase using an Amex Gift Card together with another form of payment, but the merchant refused to process that transaction.
- Customers that believe a monthly fee was charged against their Amex Gift Card.
- Customers that believe that a “Check Issuance” fee was charged against their Amex Gift Card.
- Estimated Amount:
- If you tried to make at least one purchase using an Amex Gift Card together with another form of payment, but the merchant refused to process that transaction, you are eligible for up to $20 payout per gift card claim (up to $40).
- If you believe that a monthly fee was charged against your Amex Gift Card, you are eligible for up to $8 payout per gift card claim.
- If you believe that a “Check Issuance” fee was charged against your Amex Gift Card, you are eligible for up to $5 payout per gift card claim.
- Eligible members of the class settlement will also be eligible to buy a new $100 gift card without purchase/shipping/handling fees.
- If you have an American Express gift card (or a gift card number without the actual card) with a value of $25 or less, you will be able to get a refund of the unused balance at no cost.
- Proof of Purchase: Not required but if you do not provide the Amex gift card number you will only receive up to $5.
- Case Name & Number: Kaufman v. American Express Travel Related Services Inc., Case No. 7-cv-0177, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division
Anyone that has purchased any Amex gift cards between 2002 and 2013 deserves to be reimbursed by the American Express Gift Card Class Action Lawsuit. Unfortunately, the company failed to notify consumers about the full terms and conditions of the cards and charged them with unjust fees, so now they’re paying class members up to $40 for valid claims. You may be eligible for even more Class Action Lawsuit Settlements from the HMB list.
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 19.24% - 27.99%.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.