If you’re a Wells Fargo customer, then you should take advantage of their mobile deposit because it gives you a way of adding funds to your deposit account fast and securely using the camera on your phone or other mobile device.
Some of the times, the deposited funds are available to you the day after the deposit is credited. Continue reading to learn more about Wells Fargo mobile deposits.
How Long Does Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit Take?
The length of time before you can access your deposited Wells Fargo funds depends on the type of deposit and whether Wells Fargo places a hold on the money.
Normally, as long as you deposit your check before he cut-off time on a business day, the deposited funds are usually available to you the day after Wells Fargo accepts the deposit. Here is how the cut off time works:
- Deposits made before 9 p.m. Pacific Time on business days are available the next business day.
- Deposits made after 9 p.m. PT on business days are available the business day after the date Wells Fargo credits your account.
- Deposits made on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays are available the day after the date Wells Fargo credits your account.
When Funds May Be Delayed
Wells Fargo will hold some or all of the funds of a deposited check if it can’t be processed right away. If that is the case, you will see a notification letting you know when the funds will be available to you and giving you the option to cancel the deposit.
Once the funds are ready for you to access, you’ll see the deposit reflected in your available balance.
The Wells Fargo Mobile App lets you transfer funds between Wells Fargo accounts or between a Wells Fargo account and one at another financial institution.
- Funds transferred between Wells Fargo accounts are available immediately as long as the transaction is made by 8 p.m. PT on a business day.
- For transfers after 8 p.m., Wells Fargo will use the funds to pay transactions during its overnight processing even though the transfer will show as “pending” in your account information.
If you transfer funds into your Wells Fargo account from an account at another institution, it will take up to three business days to become available.
Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit Limits
Wells Fargo imposes daily and monthly limits on the total dollar amount of check deposits you can make via mobile deposit:
- Daily limit: $2,500
- Monthly limit: $5,000 (30-day period)
Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit Fees
Wells Fargo does not charge fees for using their mobile deposit feature on their app. Check with your wireless carrier to find out if there are fees charged for messages and data.
How Does Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit Work?
As mentioned above, you make mobile deposits using the Wells Fargo Mobile App, which is available from Google Play and Apple’s App Store.
How To Deposit Checks With Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit
This process is actually very simple. All you have to do is have a smartphone or table with a camera. From there, you detach the check from any stubs or loose hanging paper and sign the back of the check. Then you position the check so that it lies flat on a dark-colored, adequately lit surface. Then you follow these steps.
- Log into your account using the mobile app.
- Select “Deposit Checks.”
- From the “Deposit” dropdown menu, select the account where you want the deposit to go. You can designate a default account for future mobile deposits.
- Enter the amount written on the check. Your remaining daily and monthly mobile deposit allotments will be displayed beneath the deposit amount.
- Photograph the front and back of the check using the camera button on your device. Be sure the corners of the check fit inside the guides.
- Review the deposit information to verify that it’s correct, and then tap “Deposit.”
Benefits and Drawbacks of Wells Fargo Mobile Deposit
Although the Wells Fargo mobile deposit feature on the app is convenient, there are still some drawbacks to using it.
- Takes just a few minutes to deposit a check
- No charge for using mobile deposit
- Next-day availability for most deposits made before the cut-off time
- Daily and monthly limits on mobile deposits
- Can only be used for personal, business and government checks
- Account eligibility limited to checking and savings accounts
Wells Fargo’s mobile deposit is a fast, free and secure way to deposit your checks.
In addition to the number of other useful features that their app provides, you will come to see that mobile banking is a great way of getting things done without the hassle of waiting in lines or heading to a physical branch.
Now, you can have control over your whole account in the palm of your hands. For more posts like this, check out our list of bank guides!