TCF Bank is a bank based in the Midwest with nearly 500 branches in Illinois, Michigan and Minnesota, as well as locations in Arizona, Colorado, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin. They cater to people of all ages and have various checking and savings accounts.
If you recently open an account with them and don’t know where to start regarding online banking, look no further! If you continue reading below, you can learn how to make the most of your TCF Bank account.
Table of Contents
Log In From a Computer
Access your TCF Bank account simply by following the steps we have listed below. The steps are relatively easy to do and all you have to do is have some of your paperwork handy.
If you haven’t created an account yet, you can click on the “Enroll Now” button located right under the login button. From there you can follow these steps:
- Click on “Enroll Now“
- Enter the account number or debit/ATM card associated with the account
- Enter your account or ATM card PIN (for loans, CDs or IRAs, enter your date of birth instead of the PIN)
- Enter your Social Security or tax ID number
- Create a login ID
- Add a password
- Answer a security question
- Sign in with your new TCF Bank login
Log In From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
You can log in to your TCF Bank account by:
- Visit the TCF Bank website using your web browser on a desktop computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Follow the prompts to enter your account number or debit card number
- Enter your card’s PIN
- Enter your Social Security number or tax ID number for verification
- Choose a login and password
- Answer a security question
With the TCF Bank app, you can view all your accounts in one place through their mobile app. Use the new quick-action menus to instantly access everyday banking tasks, like moving money.
The TCF Bank Mobile App is available for both iPhone users and Android users.
How to Get Forgotten Username or Password
If find yourself forgetting or losing your personal ID or password, you will need to verify your identity to receive a new password or username. TCF has plenty of ways to reset your login information.
To retrieve your forgotten password, you will need to provide this piece of information:
- Go to the login page and click on “Forgot login ID or password?”
- Enter your account number or debit card number
- Receive the login ID
- Enter your password to login
- If you’ve also forgotten your password, you can choose to create a new password
- You’ll be asked the security question you answered at enrollment
- If you answer the security question correctly, you can create a new password
How to View Your Bank Statements
You will be able to view your bank statements by logging in to your TCF account and selecting which statements you want to view. You will have access to up to 3 years of bank account statements.
TCF Bank Customer Service
There are various online resources available on the TCF Bank website. You can also call one of the following numbers:
- Online & Mobile Customer Service: 800-823-2265
- TTY: 800-343-6145
The customer service representative can walk you through the steps of doing anything with your account. TCF Bank’s customer service hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. CST and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Customer service is closed on Sundays.
Online banking can be beneficial for you because instead of having to visit a physical branch to conduct business, or mail out checks using the postal service, you can do it all on your computer or other devices.
In addition, see the latest TCF Bank promotions! Not your bank? If you’re banking with another institution, you can check out our best bank bonuses to help you with your banking questions or browse through our archives.