One of the biggest trends in personal banking over the last five years has been the increasing number of rewards checking accounts. Many banks are offering rewards for spending or saving money and are giving customers the opportunity to receive anything from cash to gift cards to airline vouchers. With all the banks now that are offering these rewards programs, though, how do you know which one to sign up for? Who offers the best “bang for your buck”? Here’s a breakdown of the top 10 banks or credit unions across the country.
The Top 10:
- Consumers Credit Union (IL): 4.09% — At over 80 years old, this bank ranks as one of the oldest on this list. Headquartered in Waukegan, IL, this 4-star credit union has over 50,000 members.
- Lake Michigan Credit Union: 3.00% — With a central office in Grand Rapids, this credit union is one of the top 50 largest credit unions in the country. A 5-star health rating and rate that’s four times the national average make this an appealing choice.
- ABCO Federal Credit Union: 2.52% — Founded in 1958, this credit union has over 30,000 members. They also boast a 3-star health rating.
- Pacific Resource Credit Union: 2.27% — With less than 30 employees, they support nearly 10,000 members. This credit union is headquartered in Los Angeles and has a 3-star health rating.
- Provident Credit Union (CA): 2.26% — One of the top 20 largest credit unions in California, Provident just celebrated 50 years of open doors. They also have a 5-star health rating.
- First New England Federal Credit Union: 2.03% — First New England has a 4-star health rating and a savings rate that beats the national average. Located in Connecticut and serves over 8,000 members.
- Community Bank of Pleasant Hill: 2.01% — Located in Missouri, this bank is only 5 years old and boasts a 5-star health rating. Their savings rate is also greater than average.
- Community Bank of Raymore: 2.01% — The second bank on this list headquartered in Missouri, they have 3 locations and also have a 4-star health rating.
- Atlantic Coast Bank: 2.01% — 12 locations and almost 200 employees give this bank a large appeal with a small-town feel. However, they have a 2-star health rating.
- Connexus Credit Union: 2.00% — Connexus serves over 30,000 members and is headquartered in Wisconsin. It’s savings rate is four times the average. It also has a 4-star health rating.
It’s important to get the best return for your money, and these banks and credit unions will offer you a greater opportunity to do that. Take advantage of their rates and rewards checking accounts today!
Find bank bonuses and credit card bonuses in your area
Cherleen @ yesiamcheap says
When I closed my account with BofA due to unwanted experience, I compared different packages and learned that credit unions have better offers. I should have opened an account with them that years ago!