For those of you with a U.S. Bank Card, the new 5% cash back categories have been announced for the First Quarter of 2018. Cardholders will be able to earn up to $2,000 cash back on Ground Transportation, such as Uber and Amtrak and more. Log into you U.S. Bank account today and choose your First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories!
Table of Contents
U.S. Bank 5% Cashback 2018 Q1 Categories:
U.S. Bank offers the Cash+ Card, which lets you choose two categories every quarter to earn 5% cash back in. Starting last February, cardholders will be able to earn cash back on ground transportation, such as Uber and Amtrak. Additionally, the category option “Charity” will no longer be available for 5% cash back.
- Categories for 5% Cashback
- Select Clothing Stores
- Cell Phones
- Electronic Stores
- Car Rentals
- Gyms/Fitness Centers
- Fast Food
- Ground Transportation
- Sporting Goods Store
- Department Stores
- Furniture Stores
- Movie Theatre
U.S. Bank Cashback 2018 5% Cashback:
- January – March: Select Clothing Stores, Cell Phones, Electronic Stores, Car Rentals, Gyms/Fitness Centers, Bookstores, Fast Food, Ground Transportation, Sporting Goods Store, Department Stores, Furniture Stores, or Movie Theatres(Must choose two) (valid through 3/31/2018)
- April-June: TBA (valid through 6/30/2018)
- July-September: TBA (Valid through 9/30/2018)
- October-December: TBA (Activation begins 9/1/2018)
If you don’t have a U.S. Bank Cash+ Card, they have 0% Introductory APR for the first 9 billing cycles on any balances transferred within 30 days from account opening, 5% cashback on two categories you choose, 2% back on your choice of one every day category (limit of $2,000 earned), 1% cash back on everything else, no annual fee and no limit of total cash back earned. And if you’re a Uber or Amtrak user, they will be adding grounds transportation in February as one of their 5% cashback categories. For more ways to Save Money, check out our full list!
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Balance Transfer is back! Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 18.49% to 29.49% variable APR.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%.
• 3% Cash Back on U.S. online retail purchases, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
• 1% back on other eligible purchases.
• Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Every Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).