For those of you with a U.S. Bank Card, the new 5% cash back categories have been announced for the Third Quarter of 2017. You’re now able to select your bonus categories for Q3 by logging in to your account and choosing your two 5% cash back categories. Cardholders will be able to earn up to $2,000 cash back on Ground Transportation, such as Uber and Amtrak, select clothing stores, department stores, fast food and more. Log into you U.S. Bank account today and choose your Third Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories!
Table of Contents
U.S. Bank 5% Cashback 2017 Q3 Categories:
U.S. Bank offers the Cash+ Card, which lets you choose two categories every quarter to earn 5% cash back. Starting July 1, 2017, cardholders will be able to earn cash back on ground transportation, select clothing stores, car rentals and more. Additionally, you’ll be able to earn 2% cash back on either gas stations, restaurants or grocery stores.
- Categories for 5% Cash Back
- Ground Transportation
- Select Clothing Stores
- Cell Phones
- Electronic Stores
- Car Rentals
- Gyms/Fitness Centers
- Fast Food
- Sporting Goods Store
- Department Stores
- Furniture Stores
- Movie Theater
U.S. Bank Cashback 2017 5% Cashback:
- January – March: Select Clothing Stores, Cell Phones, Electronic Stores, Car Rentals, Gyms/Fitness Centers, Bookstores, Fast Food, Charity (Will be replaced will Ground Transportation in February 15, 2017), Sporting Goods Store, Department Stores, Furniture Stores, or Movie Theatres(Must choose two) (valid through 3/31/2017)
- April – June: Ground Transportation, Select Clothing Stores, Cell Phones, Electronic Stores, Car Rentals, Gyms/Fitness Centers, Bookstores, Fast Food, Sporting Goods Store, Department Stores, Furniture Stores, or Movie Theatres (Must choose two) (valid through 6/30/2017)
- July – September: Ground Transportation, Select Clothing Stores, Cell Phones, Electronic Stores, Car Rentals, Gyms/Fitness Centers, Bookstores, Fast Food, Sporting Goods Store, Department Stores, Furniture Stores, or Movie Theatres (Must choose two) (Valid through 9/30/2017)
- October – December: TBA (Activation begins 9/1/2017)
If you’re not a current U.S. Bank Cash+ Cardholder, they have 0% Introductory APR for the first 9 billing cycles on any balances transferred within 30 days from account opening, 5% cashback on two categories you choose, 2% back on your choice of one every day category with a $2,000 limit, 1% cash back on everything else, no annual fee and no limit of total cash back earned. Depending on how much you spend on each of the categories above, choose your 5% cash back category today! Check out more ways to Save Money!
The The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 75,000 Membership Rewards(R) Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
• 10X points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That's an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
• 5X Membership Rewards(R) Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
• 5X Membership Rewards(R) Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
This card comes with an annual fee of $550 (See Rates & Fees), but you cardholders can enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
Plus, up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card® & receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts.