Are you trying to transfer money in or out of your US Bank checking or savings account? Well continue reading our post below to find out how to find your US Bank routing number and learn more about money transfers.
Basically, routing numbers are 9-digit numbers that banks use to identify themselves. Simply, it is like an address that banks and other financial institutions use to locate your money.
You will need your routing number for many tasks such as:
- ACH payments
- Setting up direct deposit
- Receiving benefits from the government, including tax refunds
- Transferring money between accounts at different banks or investment firms
- Automatic bill payment
- Domestic wire transfers
US Bank has branches all throughout the United States and has different routing numbers or “addresses” for different regions. To find out the right US Bank routing number for you, check out the list below.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $300 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
|Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus||Discover Bank $360 Cashback Debit|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||BlockFi Up To $250 BTC Bonus|
|WeBull 2 Free Stocks|
Table of Contents
US Bank Routing Number By State
|U.S. Bank Routing Numbers by State|
|California — Northern||121122676|
|California — Southern||122235821|
|Colorado — Aspen||102101645|
|Colorado — all other areas||102000021|
|District of Columbia||091000022|
|Illinois — Northern||071904779|
|Illinois — Southern||081202759|
|Iowa — Council Bluffs||104000029|
|Iowa — all other areas||073000545|
|Kentucky — Northern||042100175|
|Kentucky — Western||083900363|
|Minnesota — East Grand Forks||091215927|
|Minnesota — Moorhead||091300023|
|Minnesota — all other areas||091000022|
|Missouri — Western||101200453|
|Ohio — Cleveland||041202582|
|Ohio — all other areas||042000013|
How to find a Routing Number on a check?
The routing number will be printed along with the account and check numbers. You can find it at the bottom-left corner of the check.
- Use a Check: For checking accounts, you can find your routing number in the lower left hand corner of the check. It will be the first 9 digits located at the bottom of your check.
- Go Online: Also, you can log into your bank account online or using the US Bank mobile app. Head to the Account Information and Settings menu to find your account’s routing number.
- Call Customer Service: Call US Bank at 1-800-539-2968. After you provide a few specific details to identify yourself, a representative will be able to confirm your account’s routing number.
Routing Numbers For Wire Transfers
Wire transfers are a quicker way to send money than an ACH transfer. Anyone can wire funds to your US Bank account for a small fee.
You can even set up a domestic or international wire from you US Bank account online.
If the wire transfer is within the US
Using one of the bank routing numbers from the list above, you can begin a wire transfer but double check before confirming the transaction.
Additionally, you will need to have the following information:
- The name of the recipient (“the beneficiary”)
- The name and location of the recipient’s bank
- The ABA number of their bank (if you don’t know it, don’t worry; US Bank provides a searchable list of ABA numbers)
- The recipient’s account number
For international transfers, you will need the following additional information:
- The SWIFT code of the beneficiary’s bank
- Currency of the transaction amount
You also must use SWIFT code USBKUS44IMT, which is the U.S. Bank number for international wire transfers.
If you bank with US Bank, then knowing or keeping your routing number on you is important when it comes to managing your finance. Having this on hand will help you set up direct deposit, automatic payment, or wire transfer.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|