Webster Bank was first founded in 1935 and mainly operates out of New England and the Westchester, New York region. They have grown to have more than 175 branches and 350 ATMs across Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
If you recently open an account with Webster Bank and don’t know where to start regarding online banking, look no further! Continue reading below, you can learn how to make the most of your Webster Bank account.
Table of Contents
Log In From a Computer
You can access your account using your desktop or laptop and log in through Webster Bank online!
- Go to the Webster Bank homepage
- Enter your username and click “Log In” located on the left side of the screen
- Continue following prompts to enter your password and complete your login
Log In From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
It’s pretty simple to access your account using the Webster Bank app on your smartphone and tablet!
You caBank when you want, from wherever you are with convenient, secure, free access to your People’s United Bank accounts, plus manage multiple accounts from other financial institutions through our Personal Finance feature.
- Download the app from either the App Store or Google Play
- Open the app on your device
- Enter your username and password as prompted
With the Webster Bank mobile app you will have the option to do a variety of remote banking including:
- Check your account balances
- View recent transactions
- Pay bills
- Deposit checks
- Set up account alerts
How to Retrieve Forgotten Username or Password
There are times when we forget our username or password, but you don’t have to worry about the hassle of figuring out what it was! Webster Bank makes it easier for your to retrieve information safely!
- Go to the Webster Bank homepage
- Under the sign in box, you can either click on “Forgot your username” or “Forgot your password.”
- If you have forgotten your username, all you have to do is enter the following information:
- Account type
- Social Security number
- Account number
- If you have forgotten your password, the website will have you enter your username, answer a security question and provide you with a temporary password so you can reset your original one.
How to View Your Bank Statements
There is no specifically mentioned way to access your bank statements through Webster Bank’s website. However, they do allow customer to access online bank statements that date back to as far as February 2010. This is all viewable from the online portal at any point in time.
To set this up, simply head to “Accounts” and then “set Up Statement eDelivery.” Once you’ve changed your settings, Webster will notify you by sending an email every time a new statement becomes available to view.
Webster Bank Customer Service
For any account-related issues, you can contact the bank’s customer service to get all the help you need. Webster Bank’s lines are open 24/7 in case you ever need anything. You can reach out to Webster Bank directly in several ways:
- General line: 800-325-2424
- TDD line: 800-929-9871
Online banking can be beneficial for you because instead of having to visit a physical branch to conduct business, or mail out checks using the postal service, you can do it all on your computer or other devices.
In addition, check out the latest Webster Bank Promotions or learn more about their banking services through our bank review! Not your bank? If you’re banking with another institution, you can check out our bank guide master list to help you with your banking questions or browse through our archives.