The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card a $150 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months.
You'll earn an unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases. You can also enjoy earning 1.8% cash rewards on qualified digital wallet purchases, like Apple Pay® or Google Pay™, during the first 12 months from account opening.
This card comes with $0 annual fee on top of up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card.
Disclosure: The information related to Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card has been collected by Hustlermoneyblog and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
Are you looking for a card to transfer your credit card debt to save on interest? The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card is offering consumers an outstanding introductory rate on purchases and balance transfers and $0 Annual Fee! This is a no-fuss credit card that also offers up to $600 protection on your cell phone, which is subject to $25 deductible, against covered damage or theft.
To obtain the cell phone protection you just need to pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card. Individuals that want a little extra time with no worry about interest fees on purchases then this card is for you! In addition the Wells Fargo credit card provides cardholders convenient tools to help budget and manage their spending.
Wells Fargo is a great company to work with because most of its offerings are available via easy online services that let you control every aspect of your account including payments, cash back rewards, transactions, and more. It also offers several money management tools to help keep cardholders more financially responsible and aware.
Table of Contents
- 1 Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card Credentials
- 2 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards for 2018
- 3 Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card Rewards Pros & Cons
- 4 Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card Features
- 5 Wells Fargo Zero Liability Insurance
- 6 Wells Fargo Alerts
- 7 Wells Fargo Money Management Tools
- 8 Wells Fargo Rewards & Benefits
- 9 Bottom Line
Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card Credentials
Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards for 2018
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers a $200 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
In addition, you can earn:
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase,
• 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card Rewards Pros & Cons
Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card Features
Enjoy a range of benefits with the Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card such as free access to your FICO Credit Score, Chip Technology and a Cell Phone Protection Plan. With these benefits you can have extra protection against fraudulent charges and more.
- No Annual Fee – With no annual fee, the benefits of the Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card comes at no cost if monthly payments are paid in full.
- Free Access to Your FICO Credit Score – Find out where you stand in your credit score by getting a Free FICO Credit Score and more through Wells Fargo Online.
- Cell Phone Plan – Users who pay their monthly cell phone bill with an eligible Wells Fargo consumer credit card can get up to $600 of protection (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft.
- My Money Map – You’ll receive access to easy to use tools to help you manage your budget and spending.
- Chip Technology – To better protect your account, they use a chip-enabled terminal.
- Rapid Alerts – To monitor suspicious and possibly fraudulent charges they’ll alert you with fast text and email alerts and notifications.
Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card offers individuals insurance for their cell phone which is typically around $8 a month if bought directly from the carrier. This can save you approximately $96 annually. The way to obtain the insurance perk is by paying the cell phone bill with the Wells Fargo credit card in full. The cell phone insurance covers damage or theft up to $600 but be mindful of the list of exclusions that come with the policy. The cell phone insurance has a $25 deductible on each claim you submit so be weary of using this protection plan if the damage value is less than $50.
Wells Fargo Zero Liability Insurance
The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa card has other features to offer but the zero liability insurance is one of the most significant.
This feature ensures that you won’t have to pay for fraudulent purchases in the event that your card is being misused. The one caveat is that you have to make a claim quickly.
What we didn’t like was that Wells Fargo is vague about this time frame (it just says “promptly” on the website), leaving a window for the company to tell you you’ve exceeded that limit. But the offer is impressive, and if you’re on top of your credit card statements, you’ll be able to take advantage of this feature.
Also, if you have alerts set up, you’ll be able to make a fraudulent purchase claim right away. Which brings us to the next impressive feature: alerts.
Wells Fargo Alerts
The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® card allows you to set up various types of alerts to tell you whenever purchases are made (online, over the phone, or via email) using your card. You can also be alerted of foreign transactions, ATM withdrawals, or other suspicious activity on your card so that you can keep up to date with all purchases and submit a claim immediately if someone is using your card without permission.
The last type of alert you can set up is a reminder to make your monthly payment. If you don’t have autopay set up, then these alerts will help you avoid late payment penalties that can add up if you’re not careful and look bad on your credit as well.
Wells Fargo Money Management Tools
If you’re having trouble managing your finances, the Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® card could be a big help.
Wells Fargo offers money management tools that will help you calculate your debt (plus interest) so that you can monitor how much you have left, organize your finances so that you can start making monthly payments, and understand finances in general so that you can make smarter financial decisions in the future.
With so many people looking to improve their credit today, these tools can be very helpful. FICO credit reports are also included within these tools, so you can see what your current credit score is and where you need to improve in order to increase your credit rating (so that you can get better interest rates in the future).
Wells Fargo Rewards & Benefits
The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® card delivers some great fringe benefits as well including:
- Overdraft Protection. If your checking account is linked to the Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® card, in the event that your account goes into overdraft, you’ll be covered anyway. This is useful if you forgot about a payment that went through or if you are out of the country and need to get some cash even though you don’t have any in your account at the moment.
- Travel. Travel benefits that will make planning your trip easier and taking a trip more comfortable, safer, and more secure. The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® card provides auto collision damage for rental cars, roadside assistance, and accident insurance and emergency assistance while abroad. You can also request a new card in the event that yours is lost, stolen, or even damaged while away with the Wells Fargo emergency card replacement insurance.
- Alerts. In addition to the security alerts that Wells Fargo lets you set up in connection with your card activity, the alerts feature also gives you the ability to set up alerts for upcoming payments due dates. This is not only more convenient, but it ensures that you won’t be charged extra fees and interest simply because you forgot what day of the month it is.
- Cell Phone Protection. The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® card provides cell phone insurance, as well. This policy ensures that Wells Fargo will replace your cell phone if it gets broken or stolen. The policy limits cardholders to two claims within a 12-month period, but claims are easy to make. You pay a deductible of $25, and then they will replace your lost or damaged phone with a new phone of the same model up to $600. That’s a good insurance policy in terms of cellular devices.
- Ease of Use Convenience Technology. Bills are easy to pay online, by mail, or over the phone, and you can quickly change your payment due dates online and whenever you want. The user dashboard is intuitive and organized so you can quickly locate links you are looking for.
- Security. Wells Fargo has several of the most relevant security features in the Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® card of today. The card has chip technology built into it. This helps protect you against fraud by adding another level of identity verification (so if someone who isn’t you tries to use it at a chip-enabled station, they won’t be able to). Additionally, the Platinum Visa® has Verified by Visa, a security gate that requires password verification, making it good for online shopping protection.
- Customer Support. Wells Fargo has several customer service centers with different departments meant to cater to the various needs of the cardholders. There is even a dedicated staff just for fraud and lost card issues so that you can get in front of those kinds of dilemmas right away before any damage is done. The call centers can be reached 24/7, and they also have a thorough FAQ section that you can look through to troubleshoot on your own. Finally, you can enlist the aid of fellow Wells Fargo cardholders by joining one of the community conversations and posing your question to a group
Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card is noted a no hassle/no fee credit card that most consumers can benefit from. This card does not offer cashback rewards like other credit cards or other bonuses that may be more enticing but if you’re looking for a $0 annual fee credit card and cell phone protection, then this card is made for you. The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® card offers various alerts for your safety and convenience, overdraft protection, and a Credit Defense service that protects you against unexpected events. All in all, there is a lot here that cardholders can gain from the credit card. What’s more, since you pay no annual fees, it costs nothing to keep it around.
It also provides you zero liability protection for reported unauthorized transactions and gives you convenient tools that will help you create budgets and manage your spending! Another standout benefit of this card is their Cell Phone Protection Plan, where your phone will be protected from theft or damage for up to $600 when you pay your cell phone bill with your Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card.
The Wells Fargo Platinum Visa® Card is brimming with privileges that it exudes professionalism and always aims to impress. For other card offers, review our complete list of Credit Card Bonus Promotions. Remember, as with all cards, terms and limitations apply.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.