While American Express is an advertising partner of HustlerMoneyBlog, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express is offering 25,000 Membership Rewards® points for spending $2,000 within the first 3 months of Card membership. You can now get up to $100 a year for incidental fees with your selected airline. Cardholders earn 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines, 2X points at US gas stations, US supermarkets and U.S. restaurants, 1X points on other purchases. You can use points for gift cards for dining, entertainment, and to shop over 500 of some of your favorite brands. There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195!
Make sure to read this review carefully because the Premier Rewards Gold from American Express card has an array of benefits and features. This card is synonymous with customer service benefits and prestige. I will go over the reasons to apply especially if the annual fee is waived for the first year.
Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express Features:
- Receive 25,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines. 2X points at US restaurants, US gas stations, and US supermarkets. 1X points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No matter where you’re traveling, when you use your Premier Rewards Gold Card there are no foreign transaction fees from American Express.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit. Up to $100 a year in baggage fees and more at one airline.
- Get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon arrival, if available with The Hotel Collection at americanexpress.com/hc. Terms apply.
- There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $195.
- Terms and limitations apply. See Rates & Fees
Here’s Why You Should Apply For This Card:
25,000 Membership Rewards® Bonus Points: Simply spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership to earn the 25K membership rewards points. The Membership Rewards program is versatile since you can redeem your points from over 500 leading brands for travel, gift cards, statement credits, merchandise or entertainment. E.G The 25,000 points can be redeemed for up to $250 in gift cards.
$100 Airline Fee Credit: . Up to $100 a year for incidental fees with your selected airline such as baggage fees and in-flight purchases.
Membership Rewards Benefits: You earn 3 Membership Rewards® points per dollar on flights booked with airlines when you pay with your card. This must be booked directly with passenger airlines in order to earn these 3 points per dollar. Then earn 2 Membership Rewards® points per dollar on groceries at US supermarkets, at US gas stations, and at US restaurants. You want to make sure your purchases are from U.S. stand-alone supermarkets and U.S. stand-alone gas stations. Finally, you earn 1 Membership Rewards® point for all other eligible purchases.
- Purchase Protection– If you bought something within 90 days with your credit card that got lost, stolen, or accidentally damaged, American Express will pay to repair or replace it – up to $1,000 per claim and $50,000 per year.
- Extended Warranty- You typically get 1 or 2 years of warranty for buying appliances or electronics from the manufacturer. Use your Premier Rewards Gold Card and get an additional year of extended warranty for the items you purchased(items have 5 years or less of warranty).
- Return Protection- Stores can simply refuse to take your returns without a receipt or find an excuse to do so. However, buy it with your Premier Rewards Gold card and American Express may refund the full purchase price within 90 days of purchase(up to $300 per eligible item and up to $1,000 annually).
- Hotel Collection Benefits- Book at least two consecutive nights with your card at Amex Hotel Collection site and get up to $75 hotel credit such as dining, spa purchases, and resort activities. Terms and limitations apply.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance- Pay with your Premier Rewards Gold Card and get secondary collision coverage on eligible car rentals when you pay with your Gold Card. Plus you also get the 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Luggage Insurance and Travel Accident Insurance- American Express offers luggage insurance up to $1,250 for carry-ons and $500 for checked luggage if they get lost, stolen, or damaged(on common carrier tickets). Then get up to $100,000 in travel accident insurance at no additional cost for all eligible common carrier travel. Both benefits are available to you as long as you paid with your Premier Rewards Gold Card.
- Global Assist Hotline and Fast Card Replacement- Traveling abroad and lost your wallet along with your Amex card? American Express offers emergency assistance 24/7 for access to emergency cash, help with your passport, get a lost card replaced quickly, referrals to medical providers, and much more.
Other benefits include Roadside Assistance(4X a year) with complimentary 24/7 towing up to 10 miles, jump starts, fuel delivery up to 2 gallons, and lock-out service anywhere in the U.S. and Canada. Get extra perks and upgrades to special events and exclusive tickets to in-demand concerts. You can also use the Membership Rewards program to transfer points to select airlines and hotels programs at a 1-to-1 basis. Some popular programs include Starwood Preferred Guess, Hilton HHonors, British Airways, Virgin America, Delta Skymiles, and much more. Since this is a charge card, you must pay off the balance in full each month with no worry about paying high interest rates and fees.
The Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express offers many benefits and features with high rewards on spending along with 25,000 Membership Rewards® points promotion! This highly rated Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express is a favorite among the traveling community. Apply online now and you will get a response within minutes. Don’t forget the annual fee of $195 is waived for the first year! See our full list of Credit Card Promotions.