Did you just sign up for a credit card bonus and got denied? No big deal, simply call reconsideration phone line and ask for manual review of your application. It doesn’t hurt to call and more thank likely you can make a case to be approved. Before you call, make sure to read below to get some ideas on making your case.
Tips on Getting Your Credit Card Approved:
- Call ASAP, don’t wait much longer. The longer you wait, the less likely you can make your case.
- Get a copy of your credit report and history. Point out your recent credit activity and how improvement in your spending history.
- Lead the call and know why you are applying for a credit card. Maybe you want a no annual fee, or no foreign exchange fee, or low APRs, etc. Make a case why you want to sign up for the offer.
- Volunteer to reduce the credit card limit on another card from the same issuer. Say something like “I was wondering if you might be able to approve me for this card, by moving some of the credit from Credit Card X.”
- Be polite but stern. Speak with confidence and ask for a manager if needed. Point out you have a banking relationship with them. E.G. I bank with Chase and been a satisfy customer for X number of years.
Credit Card Reconsideration Phone Numbers:
1. American Express Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-314-0237 – reconsideration
- 877-399-3083 or 866-379-3643 – new accounts
- 800-230-1284 – credit services
- 800-582-6471 – new accounts/reconsideration
2. Bank Of America Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-458-8805 connects directly to a credit analyst
- 877-721-9405 – application status press 3
3. Barclay’s Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-408-4064 connects directly to a credit analyst
4. Citibank Credit Card Reconsideration
- 800-695-5171 or 800-763-9795 – credit department
- 866-606-2787 – application status
- 888-201-4523 – application status
5. US Bank Credit Card Reconsideration
- 800-947-1444 – reconsideration
- 800-685-7680 – reconsideration
Hot Deal of the Day: OptionsXpress offers $100 bonus with $500 deposit and make 3 trades. Enjoy real-time market data with free streaming quotes and unlimited access to web and mobile platforms.
|Chase Ink Cash® Business Card offers $200 cash back after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months from account opening – one of the largest amounts ever offered for a business credit card. You'll receive 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. The card also gives 2% cash rebate on the first $25,000 spent annually on gas and dining expenses, and 1% rebate on all other things. There is a 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers. Afterwards, the go-to APR of Regular APR: 13.24% (Variable). I personally prefer Ink Cash Business Card to the other Ink cards because you get cash back, generous cash rebates, and no annual fee for a business card!
If you have a side business such as selling on eBay, Craigslist, or do freelance work, then your business is called sole proprietorship. Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID. Apply Now---Chase Ink Cash Business Review