Did you just sign up for a credit card bonus and got denied? No big deal, simply call reconsideration phone line and ask for manual review of your application. It doesn’t hurt to call and more thank likely you can make a case to be approved. Before you call, make sure to read below to get some ideas on making your case.
Tips on Getting Your Credit Card Approved:
- Call ASAP, don’t wait much longer. The longer you wait, the less likely you can make your case.
- Get a copy of your credit report and history. Point out your recent credit activity and how improvement in your spending history.
- Lead the call and know why you are applying for a credit card. Maybe you want a no annual fee, or no foreign exchange fee, or low APRs, etc. Make a case why you want to sign up for the offer.
- Volunteer to reduce the credit card limit on another card from the same issuer. Say something like “I was wondering if you might be able to approve me for this card, by moving some of the credit from Credit Card X.”
- Be polite but stern. Speak with confidence and ask for a manager if needed. Point out you have a banking relationship with them. E.G. I bank with Chase and been a satisfy customer for X number of years.
Credit Card Reconsideration Phone Numbers:
1. American Express Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-314-0237 – reconsideration
- 877-399-3083 or 866-379-3643 – new accounts
- 800-230-1284 – credit services
- 800-582-6471 – new accounts/reconsideration
2. Bank Of America Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-458-8805 connects directly to a credit analyst
- 877-721-9405 – application status press 3
3. Barclay’s Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-408-4064 connects directly to a credit analyst
4. Citibank Credit Card Reconsideration
- 800-695-5171 or 800-763-9795 – credit department
- 866-606-2787 – application status
- 888-201-4523 – application status
5. US Bank Credit Card Reconsideration
- 800-947-1444 – reconsideration
- 800-685-7680 – reconsideration
Hot Deal of the Day: OptionsXpress offers $100 bonus with $500 deposit and make 3 trades. Enjoy real-time market data with free streaming quotes and unlimited access to web and mobile platforms.
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 40,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. With 40,000 bonus points, you can redeem for $500 towards airfare and hotel accommodations. You can earn an additional 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening. Earn 2x points on travel, 2x points on dining at restaurants, and 1 point per dollar on all other purchases. Your points go far since you get 20% off travel when redeemed thru Ultimate Rewards. All Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders enjoy travel benefits and a direct access to a live adviser 24 hours a day. No foreign transaction fees, plus Chip and Signature enabled for international travel. The annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year of card ownership. Apply Now---Chase Sapphire Preferred Review|