Did you just sign up for a credit card bonus and got denied? No big deal, simply call reconsideration phone line and ask for manual review of your application. It doesn’t hurt to call and more thank likely you can make a case to be approved. Before you call, make sure to read below to get some ideas on making your case.
Tips on Getting Your Credit Card Approved:
- Call ASAP, don’t wait much longer. The longer you wait, the less likely you can make your case.
- Get a copy of your credit report and history. Point out your recent credit activity and how improvement in your spending history.
- Lead the call and know why you are applying for a credit card. Maybe you want a no annual fee, or no foreign exchange fee, or low APRs, etc. Make a case why you want to sign up for the offer.
- Volunteer to reduce the credit card limit on another card from the same issuer. Say something like “I was wondering if you might be able to approve me for this card, by moving some of the credit from Credit Card X.”
- Be polite but stern. Speak with confidence and ask for a manager if needed. Point out you have a banking relationship with them. E.G. I bank with Chase and been a satisfy customer for X number of years.
Credit Card Reconsideration Phone Numbers:
1. American Express Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-314-0237 – reconsideration
- 877-399-3083 or 866-379-3643 – new accounts
- 800-230-1284 – credit services
- 800-582-6471 – new accounts/reconsideration
2. Bank Of America Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-458-8805 connects directly to a credit analyst
- 877-721-9405 – application status press 3
3. Barclay’s Credit Card Reconsideration
- 866-408-4064 connects directly to a credit analyst
4. Citibank Credit Card Reconsideration
- 800-695-5171 or 800-763-9795 – credit department
- 866-606-2787 – application status
- 888-201-4523 – application status
5. US Bank Credit Card Reconsideration
- 800-947-1444 – reconsideration
- 800-685-7680 – reconsideration
Hot Deal of the Day: OptionsXpress offers $100 bonus with $500 deposit and make 3 trades. Enjoy real-time market data with free streaming quotes and unlimited access to web and mobile platforms.
|Barclaycard Arrival™ World MasterCard® - Earn 2x on All Purchases offers 40,000 bonus miles(worth $400 off your next travel redemption) after you $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days from account opening. The Arrival World is a new premium travel rewards card with 2.2% cash back towards travel. This 40,000 bonus miles is redeemable towards $400 in cash credit towards any travel purchase, plus 4,000 miles rebated back. No annual fee the first year, $89 afterwards. Apply Now---Barclaycard Arrival World Review|