The settlement will benefit residential customers of who received services from these companies and/or paid fees for these services during periods between Oct. 5, 2013, and Sept. 26, 2016. You may be eligible for a potential award from the 3M, Daiken Alabama Water Contamination Class Action Lawsuit!
According to the class action, 3M and Daiken allegedly discharged fluorochemicals into the Tennessee River and later into residential water supplies. So if you are eligible, file a claim by April 15, 2022 to receive your potential award!
3M, Daiken Alabama Water Contamination CAL
- Claim Form Deadline: April 15, 2022
- Who’s Eligible: The settlement includes two Subclasses: the Ratepayer Subclass and the Resident Subclass. These groups are defined as follows:
- Ratepayer Subclass: Class Members who paid for water originating from either the West Morgan-East Lawrence Water and Sewer Authority, the Town Creek Water System, or the West Lawrence Water Cooperative between Nov. 1, 2013, and Oct. 31, 2016, or the V.A.W. Water System or Trinity Water Works between Nov. 1, 2013, and June 30, 2016.
- Residential Subclass: Class Members who reside in Alabama, Georgia, or Tennessee and who, for at least six months, owned or resided in a residential unit that received water from either the West Morgan-East Lawrence Water and Sewer Authority, the Town Creek Water System, or the West Lawrence Water Cooperative between Oct. 5, 2013, and Sept. 29, 2016, or the V.A.W. Water System or Trinity Water Works between Oct. 5, 2013, and May 31, 2016.
- Estimated Amount: Varies.
- Proof of Purchase: No proof of purchase applicable.
- Case Name & Number: Lindsey v. 3M Company, Case No. 5:15-cv-01750, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
(Click here to file a claim)
How To File a Claim
- Head over to the 3M, Daiken Alabama Water Contamination Claim Form.
- Read over the claim form to see if you are eligible.
- Complete the claim form with your info.
- Submit your claim form to receive your potential award by April 15, 2022!
If you are eligible, file a claim by the deadline to receive your potential award! Don’t forget to take a look at our full list of Class Action Lawsuit Settlements! Be sure to give our list of No-Proof Class Action lawsuit to see other settlements you may qualify for.