If you love traveling and reside in Canada, you’re going to want to take advantage of this credit card promotion. The American Express Cobalt Card is a card that you want in your wallet, especially if you travel often.
To earn up to 30,000 bonus points offer, you must spend $500 in purchases monthly. You can earn 2,500 Membership Rewards points for each monthly billing period, for a year.
Although there is an annual fee of $120, cardholders will have the opportunity to earn 5X the points on eligible eats & drinks, 2X the points on eligible travel & transit, while earning 1x point for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
Note: If you spend quite a bit on travel, why not be rewarded for it? I recommend checking out the Wells Fargo Propel card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, or the Capital One Venture Rewards card to earn one of the best cash/points back rates on your travel purchases! See more credit card bonus offers here.
* The American Express Cobalt Card is issued by American Express. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their credit cards.
Table of Contents
American Express Cobalt Card
|Bonus Available||Earn up to 30,000 Membership Rewards points|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 5X the points on eligible eats & drinks
Earn 2X the points on eligible travel & transit
Earn 1X point for every $1 spent on all other purchases
|Foreign Transaction Fees||N/A|
|Annual Fee||$10 a month|
- Welcome bonus rate
- Cobalt Perks program
- Amex Perks
- Annual fee
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
American Express Cobalt Card
Say hello to American Express Invites:
- Front Of The Line® Advance Access
- Front Of The Line® Reserved Tickets
- Front Of The Line® E-Updates
- Special Offers & Experiences for all Cardmembers
- Special Access for all Cardmembers
- Learn more about Amex Invites at amexinvites.ca
Enjoy Up to a $100 USD hotel credit on qualifying hotel amenities charged to the room, such as dining, spa, golf or other hotel facilities. It cannot be used against the room rate, taxes, or any fees.
Other restrictions may also apply depending on the property. Also get a complimentary room upgrade at check-in, when available.
With your American Express Cobalt Card you can redeem your points towards whatever card purchases you want – your options are anything but limited:
- Streaming services
- Movie tickets
- Eats & drinks
- & More
You’ll also be able to redeem points through some other reward programs:
- Flights through the Fixed Points Travel Program
- Concerts and events on Ticketmaster.ca
- Travel on American Express Travel Online
- Gift cards and merchandise through Membershiprewards.ca
- Purchases on Amazon.ca
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The American Express Cobalt Card is a great card that combines plenty of opportunities to earn reward points, extensive reward options, and all the features and protections that Amex offers.
There are many reasons that this is a card that everyone should definitely consider. So if you’re on the market for a new credit card, the American Express Cobalt Card could be the one for you.
What’s The Competition?
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $300 cash bonus after spending $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases. Capital One cardholders get access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more.
This card does carry a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.