As a credit union, American Heritage Federal Credit Union is owned by their memberships. The customers have a say in how this credit union operates. Members elect a volunteer board of directors to oversee the credit union. Since American Heritage is a not-for-profit, they are able to pay higher interest rates on savings, money market and interest-earning checking accounts! There are 31 locations in Philadelphia, but American Heritage members can be on the road and need to access their banking services. In addition to American Heritage’s online services, they are part of the Shared Branching Network, which gives you access to 5,300 other credit unions to perform the transactions or use services you need, wherever you are!
|Chase Total Checking®: Earn $225 bonus when you open a new Total Checking® account and set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account: Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open and fund an Aspiration Spend & Save Account with a deposit of $10 or more, and use their Aspiration debit card to make at least $1,000 worth of cumulative transactions within the first 60 calendar days from account opening. Learn More---Aspiration Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn $150 bonus with the TD Bank Convenience Checking account when you receive direct deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of opening your account. The account comes with free online banking, free bill pay, and access to 1,300 ATMs. Apply Now---TD Bank Checking Review|
Table of Contents
American Heritage FCU Membership:
- Visit your nearest American Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Check out their eligibility requirements:
- You are employed by one of their sponsor companies.
- You share a household with a current member or eligible member.
- You are an immediate family member of a current member or eligible member.
- You live, work, worship, or attend school in Philadelphia or one of the following:
- You are a member of their Kids-N-Hope Foundation. If you are not currently a Kids-N-Hope Foundation member, they will donate to the foundation on your behalf so you become a member!
- To apply for membership, you will need the following info to fill out the online application form:
- Valid Driver’s License/State ID/Passport
- Valid United States Social Security Number
- Account information for accounts that you would like to close and transfer
Reasons To Join American Heritage FCU:
This federal credit union offers great checking, savings, Certificate (CD), and IRA accounts. The free checking account option has no monthly maintenance fee Online Banking and Bill Pay, no monthly maintenance fee E-Statements, free debit card, and no monthly maintenance fee Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit! American Heritage Federal Credit Union‘s online banking provides personal financial management capabilities for members to digitally perform tasks like transferring money, paying bills,and electronically depositing checks. The interest rates they charge on credit cards and auto loans are lower: on average, they are one-half to one percentage points lower than conventional bank rates!
At American Heritage Federal Credit Union, your membership represents a share in ownership. Since they are a not-for-profit, unlike a bank or conventional financial organization, they are able to provide customers with lower rates on loans and credit cards as well as higher rates on savings. There are no hidden fees, either. American Heritage offers all of the services and conveniences of a bank with fewer and lower fees. If you have more membership eligibility questions that were unsolved, feel free to contact an American Heritage employee! If this credit union did no suit you, be sure to check out our full list of Credit Unions Anyone Can Join. Don’t forget to share your experience with this credit union by commenting below.