American Heritage National Bank offers decent account options. To find out if American Heritage National Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
For those who earn higher balances and need a savings account to compound that interest, American Heritage offers a pretty high interest bearing savings account and two money market savings accounts.
They also have standard account options that don’t require too high of an opening deposit.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with American Heritage National
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with American Heritage National
- 11 American Heritage National Bank Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How American Heritage National Bank Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
American Heritage National Bank offers a small variety of checking accounts with varying opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
This is a relationship checking account that earns interest on combined balances in checking and savings account totaling $10,000 or more.
There is also no monthly fee if you can manage to maintain a daily balance of $10,000.
You need an opening deposit of $750 to open this account and it earns a fixed interest rate.
You can also waive the monthly fee if you keep a daily balance of $750.
With this checking account, you can switch from one bank to another through a secure program. It is designed for those who need to reapply for a new checking account.
You will have to contact a customer service representative at American Heritage in order to go through with the process.
You will receive a SwitchTRACK code and will have to apply it here.
There are various features offered with this program such as Switch Summary, Switch Status and Balance Assist.
Compare Checking Accounts
Open your Asterisk-Free Checking® account today and enjoy:
• $150 bonus by making total deposits of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• Free to open and free to maintain with no monthly maintenance fees
• 24-Hour Grace Overdraft Relief
• All Day DepositSM
• Enjoy mobile & online banking
Savings Account Options
American Heritage National Bank has two standard savings accounts that have different opening deposits and balance requirements.
This savings account will require a $200 opening deposit and it will start earning interest.
Keeping a $200 daily balance also waives the monthly fee.
This is a beginner’s savings account that only requires a minimum deposit of $50 to open.
You can waive the monthly fee by easily keeping a daily balance of $50.
This account does not earn interest however.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
With the American Express® Personal Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY on your deposits. Your Personal Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
American Heritage National Bank has two money market accounts that earns competitive interest rates.
This high interest bearing money market account will need an opening deposit of $1,000 to earn interest.
The monthly fee will be waived if you can maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
This money market earns really competitive interest rates for a much higher opening deposit of $15,000.
You will also need to maintain a daily balance of $15,000 to waive the monthly fee.
If you manage to keep a higher daily balance of $100,000 or more, you can earn a special high rate.
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.50% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.45% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the BBVA Money Market Account, you’ll enjoy:
• Earn 0.13% APY (Annual Percentage Yield)
• Earn this exceptional rate on your entire balance
• $25 minimum opening deposit required
• Get a competitive rate, with tiered interest to grow your money faster
• Interest compounds and is credited monthly
• Easily withdraw money in branch & at BBVA ATMs w/no fees
• Enjoy 24/7 online access with Online and Mobile Banking
• Link to your BBVA checking account for Overdraft Protection
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.60% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
American Heritage National Bank offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates.
There are two types of CDs, Special and Regular.
- Special CDs: Available for 9 and 18 month terms; need a minimum opening deposit of $10,000.
- Regular CDs: Available for 6 and 12 months; $1,000 minimum deposit required
- You can also get 24, 36, 48 and 60 months CDs for $5,000 each.
The CDs will also automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.25% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.35% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the BBVA CD:
• Earn up to 0.20% APY with just a $500 minimum deposit
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Reasons to Bank with American Heritage National
- They have two money market accounts that earn competitive interest rates.
- Offers an easy checking account that is transferable.
- Provides a relationship checking account that earns interest on all balances.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the American Heritage National Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with American Heritage National
- They are only located in Minnesota with a total of 7 physical branches.
- Absence of a children checking account.
- Doesn’t have a specific senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of variety in savings accounts.
- Lack of a holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
American Heritage National Bank Routing Number
The routing number for American Heritage National Bank is 091903051.
Contact Customer Service
Their phone numbers and business hours vary on location. You can check their website for the different hours each location has.
How American Heritage National Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Minnesota and often keep a higher than average balance, then American Heritage National Bank might have the account options you’re looking for.
But, even if you don’t have high balances, you can always apply for American Heritage easy check or thrift savings accounts as well. This is ideal for those who want to switch accounts from one bank to another.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If American Heritage National Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!