American Riviera Bank has decent account options. To find out if American Riviera Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They have both a Teen Checking and Kids Savings account appealing to young high school students so that they can save for their future whether it be for college or other personal expenses.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with American Riviera Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with American Riviera Bank
- 9 American Riviera Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How American Riviera Bank Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
American Riviera has a few selection of checking accounts. Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have,
You can open this interest bearing checking account with $100.
There is a monthly fee of $10, but you can waive it by keeping a daily balance of $5,000.
The interest is paid monthly.
A standard savings account but it will still require a minimum opening deposit of $100.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements however.
With this account, you only have to pay for the services you will use!
An account designed for teens 17 and under but they will still need $100 to open.
However, there are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
If you are under 17, you will need a guardian to co-sign this account for you.
Compare Checking Accounts
• New Chase checking customers enjoy a $200 bonus when you open a Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
• Chase Mobile® app - Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more -- all from your device.
• Open your account online now
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
• Chase Overdraft AssistSM: $0 overdraft fee when you overdraw your account $50 or less*
*We won't charge an overdraft fee if you are overdrawn $50 or less at the end of the business day. Chase may pay, for a $34 fee, overdraft transactions at our discretion based on your account history, deposits and transaction amount. If you've enrolled in Debit Card Coverage, everyday debit card purchases like groceries, may be approved at our discretion when you don't have enough money in your account.
Savings Account Options
American Riviera Bank has two savings accounts and they are pretty standard, but they also earn pretty high interest rates with options for tiers.
You can open this standard savings account with $100 and there is no quarterly service charge to pay.
A high interest savings account for children 17 and under so they can start saving responsibly towards other expenses after high school.
There are no minimum balance requirements nor quarterly fees either.
They will need at least $100 to open it.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB222 by 06/15/2022
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.60% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY as of 4/28/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
American Riviera Bank has one money market that earns competitive, tiered interest rates.
American Riviera Money Market
- Open this account with $100
- There is an $8 monthly fee unless you maintain a daily balance of $5,000
- Has 7-tiered interest rates
- The interest is calculated daily and paid monthly
- Eligible for eStatements
- Up to 6 debits per statement period
Compare Money Market Accounts
• Get started and open a Discover Money Market Account in 3 easy steps.
• Available nationwide online
• Earn high yields with flexible access to your cash.
• Earn 0.55% APY balances $100,000 and over
• Earn 0.50% APY balances under $100,000
• Open with as little as $2,500.
• No hidden fees. No surprises.
• Easy cash access via debit or check, or via ATM at over 60,000 no-fee ATMs
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.70% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
Reasons to Bank with American Riviera Bank
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They provide a Teen Checking and Kids Savings accounts.
- Has a 24-hour banking service line.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the American Riviera Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with American Riviera Bank
- They are only located in California with 5 branches in total.
- Has very few general checking or savings accoun.ts available.
- Lacking a senior, holiday, health, etc. checking and savings account.
- Doesn’t offer relationship accounts.
American Riviera Bank Routing Number
The routing number for American Riviera Bank varies based on regions or locations. To find your routing number, check the lower left hand corner of your American Riviera Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach American Riviera Bank at 805-965-5942.
Their business hours are based on locations so you can also check their website for when they are open.
They also have a 24-hour automated banking service line that you can call at 805-568-0213.
How American Riviera Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in California and are only looking for basic accounts with average benefits, then American Riviera Bank has those options.
A good amount of their checking and savings accounts also have low minimum balance requirements and almost no monthly fees.
All of their checking and savings account are pretty simplistic but still has some good benefits and earn high rates.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If American Riviera Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!