If you are a frequent traveler who is looking for a credit card with flexible rewards but just can’t decide on which one, definitely consider signing up for the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card. It’s an excellent option for you flyers!
This card offers 25,000 bonus points after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening! Along with this, you could earn an unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all purchases, making it a great everyday card as well.
This is a solid travel rewards credit card with no annual fee, a generous sign-up bonus, and many other perks. If you’re interested in what more the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card has to offer, see below!
* The Travel Rewards card is issued by Bank of America. They also offer great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Table of Contents
Bank of America Travel Rewards Card Summary
|Bonus Available||25,000 bonus points if you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of your account opening – which can be redeemed for a $250 statement credit toward travel purchases|
|Intro APR||Introductory 0% APR for your first 12 billing cycles for purchases.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on all purchases everywhere, every time and no expiration on points.|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
- 25,000 bonus points valued at $250
- 0% intro APR for 12 billing cycles
- No annual fee to justify
- No foreign transaction fees to worry about while on vacation
- Bank of America Preferred Rewards points bonus of 25% – 75%
- Visa Signature benefits including concierge service
- There are cards with better rewards if you’re willing to pay an annual fee or have a high monthly spend
What are BoA Travel Rewards Points Worth?
Points are valued at $0.01 per point, so 25,000 bonus points can be redeemed for a $250 statement. A per point value of $0.01 is average. But, if you’re a Bank of America Preferred Rewards client, you’ll receive a points boost between 25% to 75%.
With BoA Travel Rewards, you’ll earn unlimited 1.5 points on every dollar spent with no expiration date. These points can be later be redeemed – with no restrictions or blackout dates – in the form of statement credit on travel expenses, which means points are used to pay for past purchases instead of future travel. In order to start redeeming your rewards, you’ll need to reach up at least 2,500 points.
Why You Should Apply for This Card
- $0 Liability Guarantee. The $0 Liability Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions made by others using your account. Claims against posted and settled transactions subject to dollar limits and verification, including providing requested information supporting fraudulent use claim.
- Overdraft Protection. Overdraft transfers to your eligible Bank of America deposit account from your credit card account will be Bank Cash Advances under your Credit Card Agreement. Transfers will be subject to the terms of both your Credit Card Agreement and the account agreement(s) and disclosures governing your Bank of America deposit account.
- Mobile and Text Banking. Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Bank of America does not charge for Text Banking. However, your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Message and data rates may apply.
- Alerts. You may opt in to receive alerts via text or email. Bank of America does not charge for this service but your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply. Delivery of alerts may be affected or delayed by your mobile carrier’s coverage.
- FICO® Score Program. The FICO Score Program is available only for primary cardholders with an open and active consumer credit card account who have a FICO Score available. Simply access this through Online Banking, the Mobile website, and the Mobile Banking app.
Bank of America Travel Rewards Top Features
For this credit card, you’ll get 0% APR for the first 12 billing cycles. This gives you an incredible amount of flexibility. After the first 12 billing cycles, your APR will go to Bank of America’s standard rates.
Note that the introductory rate doesn’t apply to balance transfers.
There are few other travel cards with no annual fee and even fewer that combine this with a large sign-up bonus that you can spend towards travel on any site.
Rewards never expire as long as the account is open, so you can take your time earning unlimited points without an annual fee chipping away at your rewards. This is worth considering if you don’t have high enough spending to justify an annual fee card.
With zero foreign transaction fees, this card is quite attractive to those that travel often internationally. You don’t want to be concerned with how much you’ll get hit with foreign transaction fees when you make a purchase abroad. Use the card anywhere in the world without having to pay an extra 3 to 4 percent.
If you have a checking or savings account with Bank of America, you get a 10% customer bonus on every purchase. Spending $10,000 a year and earning 1.5 points per dollar, you’ll receive $150 in rewards. With a 10% boost, that rises to $165 (1.65 points per dollar).
If you don’t have an BoA checking account, read the current BoA checking account bonuses to help you decide whether you should switch or not!
This credit card is also eligible to receive a Preferred Rewards bonus. The Preferred Rewards bonus will replace the 10% customer bonus.
You are eligible to enroll in the Preferred Rewards program if you have an active Bank of America personal checking or Advantage Banking account and maintain a 3-month average combined balance in your Bank of America accounts, and/or your Merrill Edge and Merrill Lynch investment accounts.
Enrolled clients can receive a Preferred Rewards bonus of 25% for the Gold tier, 50% for the Platinum tier or 75% for the Platinum Honors tier.
|Qualifying Balance||Rewards Bonus||Points per Dollar|
|Platinum Honors- $100,000||75%||2.625|
- Concierge Service – The Visa Signature concierge service gives you access to concierges who can help with travel planning, restaurant recommendations and event reservations.
- Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection – Cardholders have Visa Signature privileges, including access to the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection.
|Best Credit Card Categories|
|0% APR||Airline Rewards||Balance Transfer|
|Cash Back||Hotel Rewards||Military|
|No Annual Fee||No Foreign Transaction Fee||Premium|
|Small Business||Student||Travel Rewards|
The Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card is the perfect travel rewards card or everyday card for you. Travelers are rewarded for their travels with this easy and simple card. There is a 25,000 bonus miles welcome offer after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
If that’s not enough, start earning an unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 you spend on all purchases everywhere, every time. Rack points up and put it towards your next trip! If you’re interested in what other credit cards has to offer, see our latest list of the best credit card bonuses.
(No Annual Fee)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
Who’s the Competition?
Better Rewards for an Annual Fee
If you have high credit card usage, the earned rewards can often easily negate a card’s annual fee. Top travel rewards cards to consider are the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card and Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
You'll earn 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide; 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. And when you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening (equal to $500 in travel). Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee, however, there is a $0 intro annual fee for the first year. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre?®.
Better Rewards for No Annual Fee
Look for a no-annual-fee option if your card usage is minimal. Earn rewards at your leisure. The Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited cards earn Ultimate Rewards points that can be redeemed towards travel or for cash back.
The Chase Freedom® Card offers a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate and an unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases. You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that's updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card offers a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.