BankLiberty has a pretty decent variety of account options. To find out if BankLiberty is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They offer a senior checking account and a kids saving accounts that seems to be free to open.
This bank has more checking accounts than savings, but you can link them together to maximize your interest earnings.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Money Market Account Options
- 6 Compare Money Market Accounts
- 7 CD Account Options
- 8 Compare CD Accounts
- 9 Reasons to Bank with BankLiberty
- 10 Reasons Not to Bank with BankLiberty
- 11 BankLiberty Routing Number
- 12 Contact Customer Service
- 13 How BankLiberty Compares
- 14 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
BankLiberty offers a decent variety of checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You will need $50 to open this checking account, but then everything is fee-free afterwards.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements that follow afterwards.
This interest bearing checking account is available to senior citizens 50 years old or older. They can open this account with $50.
There are no minimum balance requirements nor monthly fees to worry about either.
This is a premium checking account that earns competitive interest rates so it will require a higher opening deposit of $1,000.
Keeping a daily balance of $1,000 also can waive the monthly fee.
The highest interest bearing checking account that BankLiberty has to offer so it will require a much higher opening deposit of $5,000.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $5,000, you can also waive the monthly fee.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
BankLiberty has only two savings accounts that all earn interest, but they are pretty standard.
This savings account earns tiered interest rates and can be opened with $100.
If you keep a daily balance of $100, you also won’t have to pay a monthly fee.
This savings account is available to those who are 18 and under.
teenagers can earn competitive interest rates without having to worry about paying a monthly fee or keeping a minimum balance.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Money Market Account Options
Money Market accounts allow for a higher yield and gives access to your funds with either checks or a bankcard.
BankLiberty has two money market accounts that earn competitive interest rates.
This is the highest interest bearing money market that will require a hefty opening deposit of $25,000.
You will also need to maintain a daily balance of $25,000 in order to waive the monthly fee.
This account earns competitive tiered interest rates.
This is the standard money market, but it will require an opening deposit of $1,000.
Maintaining a daily balance of $1,000 will also waive the monthly fee.
This account earns tiered interest rates.
Compare Money Market Accounts
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
CD Account Options
BankLiberty offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates, and interest is compounded daily.
To open a CD, you will need a minimum deposit of at least $500.
The CD will also automatically renew upon maturity.
You will have to contact BankLiberty to find out additional information such as term lengths.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with BankLiberty
- They have a wide variety of checking accounts that all earns interest.
- Offers a senior checking account.
- They provide a kid savings account.
- They offer at least two money market accounts.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the BankLiberty mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with BankLiberty
- They are only located in Missouri with a total of 14 physical branches.
- Their Investor Select Money Market account requires a pretty high opening deposit.
- Absence of a children checking account.
- Lack of a senior savings account.
- Lack of a holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
- They don’t offer a 24-hour banking service line.
BankLiberty Routing Number
The routing number for BankLiberty is 301071712.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach BankLiberty at 816-407-9200.
Their business hours vary on location. You can check their website for the different hours each location has.
How BankLiberty Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Missouri and tend to keep a higher than average balance, then BankLiberty might have accounts that can secure your deposits.
A lot of their accounts, especially their money market accounts have high opening deposits, but for those who often have a large sum of money can invest in one of BankLiberty’s premium money markets.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If BankLiberty has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking & Savings||$250 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,000 Cash||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.40% APY||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit Account||$360 Cash||Review|