Earn $200 when you open and open a new Bright Banking Checking Account with BB&T Bank.
To qualify for the reward, you must open and use a BB&T Bright Banking® account using promo code BCPFZ. Then, complete two $500 qualifying direct deposits within 75 days.
BB&T Bank $200 Checking Bonus
BB&T Bank is offering a $200 bonus when a new account is opened with promo code BCPFZ and the requirements are met.
- Account Type: BB&T Bright Banking Checking Account
- Availability: AL, DC, FL, GA, IN, KY, MD, NC, OH, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $250 (Says debit card only, but credit cards will work)
- Opening Deposit: $0
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Yes, two direct deposits of $500+
- Monthly Fee: $12; avoidable
- Household Limit: 1
- Closing Account Fee: None
(Offer expires July 31, 2021)
- Valid for new BB&T Bright Banking® accounts.
- Must open online at BBT.com or in the U by BB&T app.
- Payout limited to one per household.
- Not available if the household closed a BB&T personal checking account in the last 12 months or has an active account.
- The primary account holder must be 18+ years old at the time of account opening.
- Applications subject to credit history review and approval.
- Truist employees not eligible. Not available in NJ/PA.
- A minimum opening balance of $50 is required.
- Account eligibility review occurs once, 76–90 days after account opening. Any account not in good standing closed, or with a balance less than or equal to zero at the time, we review account eligibility will not receive the $200 incentive.
- BBRFZ must be entered at the account opening. BB&T reserves the right in its sole discretion to limit the number of promo code uses.
Make sure you check out BB&T Bank to earn up to $200 bonus promotion.
We value your feedback and will continue to keep you posted on the latest bank offers nationwide. If you would like to see more, see our list of the latest BB&T Bank Promotions or check out our full list of bank promotions.
John Nguyen says
No longer have credit card funding. Debit or bank funding only
Howard Young says
Thank you for providing this update John!
opened in TN. opened on line but needed to go to the branch to further verify identity. After 2 direct deposits within 8 days I received the 200 bonus.
There’s a code required at account opening. That should really be mentioned in the review!
When you sign up, it has to be your first time signing up. You can’t close the account and reopen in a year and get the bonus. First time account sign up only. They wouldn’t budge.
BB&T does a hard HARD credit pull. How do I know.. I’m looking at my Equifax and under Hard Inquires, BB&T is the only one Listed. ” note, its not on transunion or experian” Now they lied to me when I opened my checking account and said it was only a soft pull. I have tried to have it removed with no luck.
My family & I currently bank with them and they do a soft pull via Equifax.
I tried this, but after the teller searched high and low for this offer, she called somebody who told her to e-mail somebody and then got an answer the next day: THIS IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN D.C…. could it be?
Too bad that BB&T is the worse bank in the world.