Making it easy for students, BB&T offers a Student Checking Account that features a Personalized Debit Card! With no monthly maintenance fee, no minimum balance required, 24/7 automated account information service and money management, BB&T is great for students who are just starting out.
If you’re interested in opening a savings account as well, you can easily open a Fee-Free Regular Savings Account with your student checking account and get the $5 monthly maintenance fee waived. Read on if you’re interested in opening a student checking account with BB&T!
- For students up to age 23.
- No minimum opening deposit.
- No Monthly Maintenance Fee & No Minimum Balance Requirement: Just be under 25 to enjoy this account.
- Personalize Your Debit Card: Use BB&T’s gallery of images or upload your own photo for your debit card.
- Access to Over 3,100 ATMs: They have over 3,100 ATMs but if you withdraw from a non-BB&T ATM BB&T will waive two non-BB&T ATM transactions per monthly statement cycle.
- Automated Account Information 24/7: Have access whenever with BB&T Phone24 at 800-BANK-BBT (800-226-5228).
- Fee-Free Savings Account: With your student checking, the $5 monthly maintenance fee will be waived.
- Money Management Tools: Enjoy customization online and mobile banking experience to monitor your accounts and non-BB&T accounts. Deposit checks, pay your bills, set and track spending, manage receipts, and earn cash back with BB&T deals!
- Monthly Maintenance: $0, until the age of 24.
- Non-BB&T Bank ATM (domestic): $2.50, per transaction plus operator fees.
- Non-BB&T Bank ATM (international): $5, per transaction plus 3% of transaction, plus operator fees.
- Overdraft/NSF: $36, per paid or returned item, max 6 items per business day.
- Negative Account Balance: $8, per day after 7 consecutive overdrawn days.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer: $12.50, per transfer, limit of one fee per linked account per day. For transfers under $5, no fee will be charged.
- Paper Statement: $3, per monthly billing cycle.
If you like customizing your things, then make sure to check out the BB&T Student Checking Account for a personalized debit card. Located mainly in the east coast, it covers 15 states and the District of Columbia.
This account is easy for students to start managing their account with their no monthly maintenance fess and no minimum balance. Check out our Best Student Checking Accounts, here on HMB!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get up to $600 when you open a Premier checking account. You'll enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $600, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $100 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review|