Take advantage of the new Betterment Checking promotions, bonuses, and offers here.
Right now, you can take advantage of a range of fantastic account features such as ATM and foreign fees reimbursed worldwide as well as Visa foreign transaction fees reimbursed.
If you are interested, be sure to check out this promotion as well as other banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, BBVA or CIT Bank. Additionally, definitely take a look at our list of free checking account options.
Table of Contents
Betterment Checking Account Info
- Open Account Today
- Account Type: Betterment Checking
- Availability: Online Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Credit Inquiry: Unknown, Let us know
- ChexSystems: Unknown, Let us know
- Credit Card Funding: Unknown, Let us know
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Monthly Fee: There are no monthly service fees
- Household Limit: None listed
- Closing Account Fee: None
Betterment Checking Benefits
- All ATM fees reimbursed worldwide
- Get ATM fees reimbursed directly to your account without lifting a finger. This is every ATM, worldwide, where Visa is accepted. There are ~2.8M ATMs in the world where Visa is accepted, so use any of them without thinking twice. After you’ve withdrawn your cash, you’ll get a push notification confirming that the fee will be reimbursed by Betterment (see screenshot attached).
- Visa foreign transaction fees reimbursed
- Every dollar matters. That’s why we’re reimbursing Visa’s 1% fee on foreign transactions, purchases, and ATM transactions. Put this together with the worldwide ATM fee reimbursement and you’ve got an amazing travel companion card.
- No monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balances, and no overdraft fees
- Checking is FDIC insurance up to $250,000
How to Avoid Monthly Fees
Betterment Checking Account: There are no monthly service fees
Betterment Checking Features
- Easily move money from Checking to your Betterment accounts, including Investing and Cash Reserve (see screenshots attached).
- Pair this with Two Way Sweep, and you can see a world where you get your direct deposit into Checking, automate your extra cash being swept into Cash Reserve, and then fund your investments from your Cash Reserve account. All in one place.
- While you will absolutely be able to sign up for Betterment Checking (or any Betterment offering) on both desktop and mobile, we’ve spent a lot of time making sure that users who sign up on mobile will have an easy, seamless experience (see screenshot attached).
- Pay quickly and easily with our (strikingly good-looking) contactless debit card.
- Activating your card, temporarily locking your card if you’ve misplaced it, or resetting your PIN can all be easily done through the Betterment mobile app (see screenshots attached).
- Your Betterment account also features security measures including custom aggregated app passwords (so you can aggregate your Betterment accounts into other products like budgeting through Mint or tax prep through TurboTax without giving them your real password), 2-Factor Authentication, and Biometric account login on both iOS and Android.
Betterment aims to push their mission and ecosystem forward through the new Betterment Checking. With the launch of their checking account, you are able to make the most of your money as well as utilizing direct deposit towards your retirement savings.
Additionally, Betterment aims to provide more services and benefits with upcoming features such as deposit checks from your phone as well as joint checking accounts. Furthermore, with simplified easy-to-read transaction information and effortless direct deposit switching, the Betterment Checking is the perfect option for you.
However, if you’re still on the hunt for the best account for you, check out our entire list of bank promotions. For more interest bearing account offers, see our list of the best CD rates and bank rates!
(Visit Betterment for more details)