Start better managing your finances with an checking account. Capital One 360 is currently offerings a student checking account that offers a great 0.25% APY interest rate for a student account.
Enjoy benefits such as no monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balance required, wide ATM coverage and more. If you’re interested in a checking account with the best interest rate, read onward!
• Enjoy $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment.
• No Monthly Service Fee for up to 5 years if you're a student between the ages of 17-24 at account opening with proof of student status.
• Students ages 18-24 with a Social Security Number can open an account online or at a Chase branch. Students with no Social Security number and 17-year-olds can only open an account at a branch.
• Manage your money, see your accounts, and pay your bills using the Chase Mobile® app
• Send and receive money in moments using Zelle®.
• Access to more than 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches.
• Start planning for your future by using the budget tool in the Chase Mobile® app to set, track, and adjust your spending to help you save more.
• Chase Overdraft AssistSM - – no overdraft fee if you’re overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day or if you’re overdrawn by more than $50 and bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day*
*With Chase Overdraft AssistSM, we won't charge an Insufficient Funds Fee if you're overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day OR if you're overdrawn by more than $50 and you bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day (you have until 11 PM ET (8 PM PT) to make a deposit or transfer). Chase Overdraft Assist does not require enrollment and comes with eligible Chase checking accounts.
- No minimum opening deposit
- Ages 13 to 17 are eligible
- Parent co-owner with an active Capital One 360 deposit account
- Must agree to accept electronic delivery of all communications
- Interest rate of 0.25% APY
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance required
- Wide ATM Coverage: Access to more than 39,000 fee-free Capital One and Allpoint ATMs.
- Convenient online and mobile banking
- Transfer money with Zelle: Send money to anyone with Zelle, send and receive money within minutes.
- Overdraft Options: Get options and second chances,
- Auto declining charges when you don’t have enough funds to cover the transaction,
- Linking to a Capital One 360 Savings account to cover the charges,
- Using the one business day grace period to add sufficient funds, or
- Using Capital One’s Overdraft Line of Credit. The bank will cover the overdrawn amount, you just have to pay it back with interest.
- Free 1st Set of Checks
- Monthly Maintenance: $0
- Non-US Bank ATM (domestic): $0, plus any ATM owner fees, if any.
- NSF: $0, Capital One automatically declines NSF transactions, unless you choose otherwise.
- Overdraft: $35, per paid or returned item.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer: $0, If enrolled and when applicable, interest charges will apply.
- Paper Statement: $5, Per monthly billing cycle
- Replacement Card: $25 per expedited card
Considering that Capital One has less overhead without physical branches, they pass the savings onto their customers by offering higher interest rates, no monthly fees and better service.
Most student checking accounts offer no interests rate, but if you’re interested in earning some extra money just for putting it in one account, check out Capital One 360. Enjoy low fees, wide ATM coverage, available interest rate and more. Check out our other Best Student Checking Accounts, here on HMB!
|BMO Harris PremierTM Checking: Earn $350 cash bonus when you open a new PremierTM Checking Account and have a total of at least $7,500 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 90 days. Learn More---BMO Harris Premier Checking Review|
|U.S. Bank SmartlyTM Checking: Earn up to $600 bonus when you open a new U.S. Bank SmartlyTM checking account and a Standard savings account and complete qualifying activities. Subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through February 7, 2023. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Discover Online Savings Account: Earn $200 Bonus/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB323 by 03/15/2023 along with a competitive interest rate of 3.30% APY. Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus (fund $15K to earn $150 bonus). No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Savings Review
|HSBC Premier Checking Account: Earn $500 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $10,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy a $2,000 bonus when you open a new Chase Private Client Checking account with qualifying activities. Within 45 days of coupon enrollment, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts (excludes Chase business checking and savings accounts, any J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing & Automated Investing, J.P. Morgan Personal Advisors Accounts, J.P. Morgan Wealth Management retirement accounts and CDs), and maintain the balance for at least 90 days from coupon enrollment. Learn More---Chase Private Client Review|