Start better managing your finances with an checking account. Capital One 360 is currently offerings a student checking account that offers a great 0.25% APY interest rate for a student account.
Enjoy benefits such as no monthly maintenance fees, no minimum balance required, wide ATM coverage and more. If you’re interested in a checking account with the best interest rate, read onward!
- No minimum opening deposit
- Ages 13 to 17 are eligible
- Parent co-owner with an active Capital One 360 deposit account
- Must agree to accept electronic delivery of all communications
- Interest rate of 0.25% APY
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance required
- Wide ATM Coverage: Access to more than 39,000 fee-free Capital One and Allpoint ATMs.
- Convenient online and mobile banking
- Transfer money with Zelle: Send money to anyone with Zelle, send and receive money within minutes.
- Overdraft Options: Get options and second chances,
- Auto declining charges when you don’t have enough funds to cover the transaction,
- Linking to a Capital One 360 Savings account to cover the charges,
- Using the one business day grace period to add sufficient funds, or
- Using Capital One’s Overdraft Line of Credit. The bank will cover the overdrawn amount, you just have to pay it back with interest.
- Free 1st Set of Checks
- Monthly Maintenance: $0
- Non-US Bank ATM (domestic): $0, plus any ATM owner fees, if any.
- NSF: $0, Capital One automatically declines NSF transactions, unless you choose otherwise.
- Overdraft: $35, per paid or returned item.
- Overdraft Protection Transfer: $0, If enrolled and when applicable, interest charges will apply.
- Paper Statement: $5, Per monthly billing cycle
- Replacement Card: $25 per expedited card
Considering that Capital One has less overhead without physical branches, they pass the savings onto their customers by offering higher interest rates, no monthly fees and better service.
Most student checking accounts offer no interests rate, but if you’re interested in earning some extra money just for putting it in one account, check out Capital One 360. Enjoy low fees, wide ATM coverage, available interest rate and more. Check out our other Best Student Checking Accounts, here on HMB!
|HSBC Premier checking account: Get up to $600 when you open a Premier checking account. You'll enjoy 3% Cash Bonus, up to $600, on Qualifying Direct Deposits up to $100 per month, during the first 6 calendar months after account opening. Member FDIC Terms|
|HSBC Premier checking account: Earn $450 bonus for eligible new customers who open a new HSBC Premier checking account and complete the following qualifying activities. Make recurring monthly Direct Deposits totaling at least $5,000. Member FDIC Terms|
|Huntington 25 Checking: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking account after all requirements are met. Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking Review|