Hustlermoneyblog has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Hustlermoneyblog and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Looking for a travel rewards card with no annual fee and flexibility, Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card, provides just that for consumers. The Capital One VentureOne card allows customers to earn 20,000 Miles when you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months of approval.
Earn 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day, and redeem them for travel purchases. All miles earned through the card don’t expire.
Use this card on every day purchases. There’s no cap on the miles you can earn with this card! Plus, there’s no foreign transaction fees and no annual fees.
If more more flexible rewards is preferable, you may want to consider the no annual fee Capital One Quicksilver.
*Capital One also offers good banking bonuses as well.
Table of Contents
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Get 20,000 Miles once you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Earn 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day.|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||No|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
VentureOne Rewards Card 20,000 Bonus Miles Offer
Get the VentureOne Rewards card’s 20,000 Miles offer that is currently available. We value these miles to be worth around $280.
To qualify for the welcome bonus, you must charge at least $500 to your card within the first 3 months of opening your account.
Here are some ideas of meeting the spending requirement:
What Are Venture Miles Worth?
Similar to a large number of other travel rewards cards, the value you get from your miles will depend on how you redeem them. Our valuation makes each Venture mile at about $0.014. Already, that is higher than the industry average of $0.01 per mile. Our estimate takes into account using the card’s transfer partners.
When you feel like you’re ready to redeem your miles, choose from these options:
- Statement credits
- Gift cards
- Transfers to participating airline partners (see below)
To redeem you rewards, all you have to do is sign into your account online or use the Capital One mobile banking app to see your options.
To get the best value out of your miles, we recommend that you transfer them to a partner airline and take he time to think about your award travel.
Redeem your miles for statement credits toward travel purchases, such as car rentals, airfare, hotels, and even cruises.
This wouldn’t be a travel rewards card if the best way to redeem your points was through some other category. Thus, you should redeem your points for travel rewards. Use rewards on any airline, any hotel stay, and anytime. This way, you know you can earn the best travel redemption compared to other credit cards.
Nonetheless, Capital One has recently opened up the ability to transfer your miles. Members can now transfer points to Capital One’s airline partners at a ratio of 2:1.5. Unfortunately, this means that cardholders lose 25% of their point value with the transfer.
But, there are some valuable partners on the list, such as Aeroplan and Avianca. Some partners even give you the opportunity to earn more that 1 cent of value per mile. This new transfer option increases the value and flexibility of this already flexible travel card.
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card Benefits
- No annual fee: Simple as that. You don’t have to worry about annual fees. Instead, all you have to do is worry about earning miles on your every day purchases.
- Credit Tracker: This app offers a free credit score and ‘What-If’ simulator to help you predict any scenario that might affect your credit score.
- No foreign transaction fees: The VentureOne Rewards card doesn’t have any fees on purchases/transactions outside of the U.S.
- Fraud coverage: You’re covered by $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen.
- Security Alerts: Sign up to get personalized emails or text messages to monitor the security of your account.
- Extended warranty: Get additional warranty protection at no charge on items purchased with your credit card.
- 24-hour travel assistance services: In instances where you might have your credit card lost or stolen, you can get an emergency card replacement. Plus, get a cash advance to help you get through your financial need.
- Additional Authorized User: You can add an authorized user to your account and track their spending.
Other VentureOne Rewards Benefits
No Annual Fee: Get all the neat perks without having to pay an annual fee.
Travel and Purchase Perks: This card offers a number of general cardholder benefits, including 24/7 concierge service and booking assistance, 24/7 emergency card replacement for travelers, and preferred seating and/or access to popular events, such as professional sporting events and celebrity golf outings.
No Foreign Transaction Fee: Use this card when traveling abroad without paying a foreign transaction fee to keep earning your rewards.
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card has an excellent welcome offer for those who like traveling. Cardholders get 1.25X miles earned on all purchases. Plus, earn travel rewards through each swipe and online purchase with this card!
You definitely want this annual fee-free card in your wallet to take advantage of the miles you’ll easily earn! For other credit cards and issuers, see our full list of credit card bonuses!