If you’re a frequent Walmart shopper, consider signing up for the Walmart Rewards Card from Capital One! It currently has an introductory offer where you can earn 5% back in Walmart stores for the first 12 months when you pay using Walmart Pay.
With this no annual fee card, you can earn unlimited rewards for the things you buy everywhere, everyday, start earning up to 5% back on your eligible purchases! This credit card offers a great return on spending for groceries made at Walmart, however, this card isn’t the best card for everyday spending, since it’s a targeted store card that earns specific rewards.
Note: Check out the following cards to earn one of the best cash back opportunities on grocery spend: American Express Blue Cash Preferred card, Capital One Savor Cash card or the American Express Blue Cash Everyday card! For a wider variety, see more credit card bonus offers here.
See our best bank bonuses updated daily to earn up to $1,000 in free money. Find popular checking offers such as Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, TD Bank, Huntington Bank, BBVA, Discover Bank, and CIT Bank. See our best rates for Savings and CD too.
|Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus||Chase Private Client $2,000 Bonus|
|Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus||Chase SavingsSM $150 Bonus|
|HSBC Premier Checking $450 Bonus||HSBC Premier Checking Up To $600|
|HSBC Advance Checking $200 Bonus||HSBC Advance Checking Up To $240|
|TD Bank Premier Checking $300 Bonus||TD Bank Convenience Checking $150 Bonus|
|Huntington 25 Checking $500 Bonus||Huntington 5 Checking $200 Bonus|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking $150 Bonus||Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Bonus|
|Huntington Unlimited Business Checking $400 Bonus||Huntington Business Checking 100 $200 Bonus|
|Axos Basic Business Checking $100 Bonus||Aspiration Spend & Save Account $100 Bonus|
Table of Contents
Walmart Rewards Card Summary
|Bonus Available||No sign up bonuses, but for the first 12 months after account opening, you can earn 5% back on in-store purchases made through Walmart Pay, Walmart’s digital wallet.|
|Foreign Transaction Fees||None|
- High ongoing rewards
- Flexible redeemable rewards
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
Redeem Rewards Your Way
With the Capital One Walmart Rewards Master card, it’s easy to put your earnings to good use. There is no minimum on how much you can redeem and you have a variety of options for using your points.
- Cover a purchase: Use rewards during checkout at Walmart.com
- Statement credit: Redeem rewards to lower your account balance
- Gift cards: Redeem for gift cards from Walmart or other retailers
- Travel: Redeem rewards for flights, hotels, and more!
No matter how you redeem your points, they’ll always be worth a $0.01 each, and they’ll never expired as long your account is open and in good standing.
Please note that even if you bank with Capital One, literal cashback is not an option as a deposit to a checking or savings account.
Walmart Rewards Card Top Features
You can earn points and can be redeemed in any amount at any time.
- 5% back on purchases at Walmart.com and items purchased through the Walmart app.
- This includes items you order online (including items you buy online for in-store pickup as well as for Walmart Grocery Pickup and Delivery)
- 2% back for in-store purchases, including those made at Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations
- 2% back at travel and restaurants
- 1% back on all other purchases
You can redeem your rewards towards a purchase, statement credit, applying your points during online checkout at Walmart.com, using them for gift cards, or for booking travel through Capital One Travel portal.
Get retail protection like price protection and extended warranty coverage.
- Car rental insurance (secondary).
- Roadside assistance.
- Travel accident insurance, baggage delay insurance, trip cancellation/interruption insurance.
- Travel assistance and concierge services.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Capital One Walmart Rewards credit card.
Other Cardholder Benefits
- Security alerts: Get notified via text, email, and phone if Capital One notices potential suspicious activity on your account.
- $0 Fraud Liability: If your card is lost or stolen, you will not be responsible for unauthorized charges.
- Capital One mobile app: Manage your account anywhere, anytime. Pay your bill, view your balance, check transactions & more.
- Card Lock: Effortlessly lock your card with a few taps if it has been misplaced, lost or stolen.
If you already do most of your shopping at Walmart, the Capital One Walmarts Rewards card will benefit you even more! Get rewarded for any Walmart-related purchases, and other categories!
Take advantage of the cashback ability you’ll easily earn on all purchases, every day at Walmart! See our full list of credit card promotions for all your credit card needs!
(Visit Walmart to learn more about this card and its features)
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.
What’s the Competition?
The ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card offers $150 Statement Credit after you spend $1,200 on purchases within the first 90 days from account opening.
You'll earn 5x rewards on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter in popular categories such as dining, groceries, travel, and automotive. Earn Points on Every Purchase! It’s simple: $1 = 1 Point.
This card has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.