CB&S Bank has a plethora of account options. To find out if CB&S Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They offer an account for pretty much all ages and all kinds of people. All of their checking and savings account include exclusive benefits.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 CD Account Options
- 6 Compare CD Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with CB&S Bank
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with CB&S Bank
- 9 CB&S Bank Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How CB&S Bank Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
CB&S Bank offers a wide variety of checking accounts ranging from regular to premium ones.
Their checking accounts come with a bunch of unique perks that are different than most banks for small monthly fees.
You will need $50 to open this checking account, but then everything is fee-free afterwards.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements that follow afterwards.
You can open this interest bearing checking account with $50.
To earn interest, you will also need a daily balance of at least $500.
There are no monthly fees to worry about either!
An online checking account that can be opened with $50 and there are also no monthly fees required.
You must sign up for eStatements however.
Open this account with $50 and enjoy various benefits such as identity protection and insurance.
There is a monthly fee of $4.97, but it includes Identity Protection up to $10,000, insurance for accidents and more.
You can read more about its features here.
This is high interest bearing account that can be opened with $50.
If you maintain a daily balance of $1,000, you can waive the $4.97 monthly fee.
Another interest bearing account that earns tiered interest rates, and earns a percentage of Wall Street Journal Prime depending on your average daily balance.
You will need $50 to open this account.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $10,000, you can waive the $4.97 monthly fee.
This platinum account is equipped with financial security and travel benefits.
There is a higher monthly fee of $7.97, but paying that monthly fee gives you access to all different kinds of perks.
This is a student checking account for ages 15-24 and can be opened with $25.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements.
This is a senior checking account for those who are 50 and older. They can open it with a minimum deposit of $150.
Keeping a daily balance of $100 will waive the monthly fee.
This a premium checking account for 50 and over and has all the benefits the normal Golden Customer Club account has except with even more benefits.
You will need $50 to open this account.
The $4.97 monthly fee is for all the extra benefits that this account provides.
A high interest bearing checking account that requires a $50 opening deposit.
You can waive the monthly fee as long as you keep a daily balance of $2,500.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
CB&S Bank has a few savings accounts, but they earn interest and have low balance requirements.
This is a simple savings account that actually doesn’t require an opening deposit!
You can start earning interest when you keep a daily balance of $50 or more.
A premium savings account that earns competitive interest rates.
You will need a pretty high opening deposit of $50,000.
There are no monthly fees though.
An online savings account that can be opened with $50.
You can also waive the monthly fee with a daily balance of $50.
A teen savings account that is available for those up to 17 years old.
Open this account with $25 and there are no monthly fees afterwards.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Bonus offer applies for your first Discover Online Savings Account
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB21 by 12/15/2021
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $25K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $200 Bonus
• Fund your first savings account with at least of $15K within 30 days of account open date to earn the $150 Bonus
• Earn high interest rate of 0.40% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.40% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
CD Account Options
CB&S Bank offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates. You can open each CD with $1,000.
The terms offered range from 3 months to 6 months.
The CD will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 0.20% APY up to 0.80% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with CB&S Bank
- They have pretty low and consistent opening deposits.
- Offers a wide variety of checking and savings account.
- Provides a teen savings account that earns interest on all balances.
- Interest is compounded daily for all savings accounts.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Their website is easily navigable.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the CB&S Bank mobile app.Ft
Reasons Not to Bank with CB&S Bank
- They are only located in Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee with 51 total branches scattered about.
- Some of their savings account requires pretty high balance requirements.
- Some monthly fees are unwaiveable.
- Doesn’t provide a senior checking or savings account.
CB&S Bank Routing Number
The routing number for CB&S Bank is 062201559.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach CB&S Bank at 877-332-1710.
To speak to a customer representative, their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m (CST)
- Saturday at 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (CST)
How CB&S Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Alabama, Mississippi or Tennessee and enjoy having a variety of account options to choose from, then CB&S Bank can assist you.
They have a diverse selection of accounts for any kind of person. Even children and senior citizens can earn interest comfortably and enjoy some of the benefits offered.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If CB&S BankFfi has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!