The current offer for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® card is the best one you’ll find. Enjoy this phenomenal chance to earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. This is worth $750 in travel when you redeem through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® isn’t just a regular everyday spending card but it’s for international travel as well with no foreign transaction fees! Plus, earn 2x points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide!
Points earned will go far as you receive 25% off travel redemption through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. There is an annual fee of $95. However, this is minimal when you take advantage of the benefits of this card.
Table of Contents
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card Summary
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• No foreign transaction fees
• 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
• No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Earn Ultimate Rewards Points
Enjoy earning 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide with your Chase Sapphire Preferred® card.
Plus, when you shop through the Ultimate Rewards shopping portal, you can earn up to 10 points per dollar at nearly 300 top online retailers.
This by far is one of the best travel cards out there with how easy it is to earn bonus points. You also never have to worry about being charged a foreign fee when you are traveling abroad! So, enjoy your food when traveling, knowing you’re earning points for future travel redemptions.
Your points do not expire as long as the credit card account remains open and you can use your points for airfare and other travel purchases without restrictions.
Redeem Ultimate Rewards
With the bonus points the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, that’s a significant amount of points to cash out! The best way to utilize your points is to redeem them for travel rewards.
As a Sapphire Preferred cardmember, you get 25% off whenever you redeem your points for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. For example, instead of using 30,000 points ($300) to buy a plane ticket, you now pay 22,500 points ($225). Simply put, 1 point is equivalent to 1.25 cents when redeeming through the Ultimate Rewards travel portal.
You can also convert your points to frequent flyer miles for airline and hotel partners at a 1:1 ratio.
Subject to change, airline partners include:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue
- British Airway Avios
- Iberia Plus
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
- United Airlines MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Subject to change, hotel partners include:
- World of Hyatt
- IHG Rewards Club
- Marriott Rewards
- Ritz Carlton Rewards
Finally, you can redeem your points for cash back or gift cards. This option is easiest since you won’t have to find the best travel deals or wait for the best time to transfer your points to Chase’s partner programs.
However, these options will generally be valued at 1 cent per point. Though, gift cards may vary. Choose gift cards from over over 75 partner retailers, restaurants, and gas stations.
Other Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits
- 24/7 Concierge Service: Enjoy free 24/7 concierge service with your card. Whether you want to make a reservation, finding tickets, plan out your travel, or buying a perfect gift, simply give them a call and ask for help with their superior customer services.
- 24/7 Dedicated Customer Service: Talk to a real customer service and be connected immediately without pressing “#,” guaranteed! Simply call up the number on the back of your card and you can speak with a real, live person.
- Travel Insurance: The card comes with free travel insurance services such as trip cancellation insurance, auto rental collision damage, travel accident insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, and more.
- Purchase Protection: Other non-travel benefits include zero liability for unauthorized purchases and automatic extended warranties. Also receive refunds of up to $500 per item and $2,500 per year if the price on your purchase drops in the first 90 days and you are no longer eligible for a refund from the seller. There is no preset spending limit, giving you more flexibility on your spending.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: One of the best perks, there is $0 foreign transaction fees on international purchases.
- Chip & Signature Technology: With chip technology, traveling internationally with your Sapphire Preferred is much easier.
Again, this is the best offer I’ve seen for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® all year long. Though the $95 annual fee seems like a drawback, the extra reward benefits and bonus points you earn when you sign up will far outweigh it.
Believe me, you’ll want this card since it’s made out of real metal. It will leave quite the impression to your friends and family!
The great sign-up bonus will allow you a chance to redeem for extravagant traveling through the Ultimate Rewards portal. You also can snag other great offers if traveling isn’t what you want to pursue with your earned points.
For more of what Chase has to offer, see our list of the best Chase Bank promotions or other Chase credit cards! For a more extensive list, see our full list of credit card bonuses for all your credit card needs!
|Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card||80,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Sapphire ReserveSM Card||50,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Chase Ink Business CashSM Card||$500 Cash||Review|
|Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Freedom Unlimited®||3% Cash Back||Review|
|UnitedSM Explorer Business Card||50,000 Miles||Review|
|Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®||70,000 Miles||Review|
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.