Choice Financial Group has a limited amount of account options. To find out if Choice Financial Group is right for you, continue reading the review below.
They offer a personal savings account, First Choice Savings, that doesn’t require an opening deposit and has low minimum balance requirements.
They also have a kids savings account that allows kids up to 14 to earn interest.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 CD Account Options
- 6 Compare CD Accounts
- 7 Reasons to Bank with Choice Financial Group
- 8 Reasons Not to Bank with Choice Financial Group
- 9 Choice Financial Group Routing Number
- 10 Contact Customer Service
- 11 How Choice Financial Group Compares
- 12 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Choice Financial Group offers two checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You will need $100 to open this checking account, but then everything is fee-free afterwards.
There are no monthly fees nor minimum balance requirements that follow afterwards.
You can open this interest bearing checking account with $500.
To earn interest, you will also need a daily balance of at least $500.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Choice Financial Group has a few savings accounts, but they earn interest and have low balance requirements.
This is a simple savings account that actually doesn’t require an opening deposit!
You can start earning interest when you keep a daily balance of $200 or more.
A premium savings account that earns tiered money market interest rates.
There is a $10 monthly fee, but you can waive it if you maintain a daily balance of $1,000.
A kids savings account for those 14 and under. This account is designed to teach kids how to save responsibly at a pretty early age.
They will need a $25 opening deposit, but it earns interest on all balances.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code HMB922 by 12/15/2022
• Earn high interest rate of 3.00% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
• See advertiser website for full details
To get your $150 or $200 Bonus: What to do: Apply for your first Discover Online Savings Account, online, in the Discover App or by phone. Enter Offer Code HMB922 when applying. Deposit into your account a total of at least $15,000 to earn a $150 Bonus or deposit a total of at least $25,000 to earn a $200 Bonus. Deposit must be posted to account within 30 days of account open date. Maximum bonus eligibility is $200.
What to know: Offer not valid for existing or prior Discover savings customers or existing or prior customers with savings accounts that are co-branded, or affinity accounts provided by Discover. Eligibility is based on primary account owner. Account must be open when bonus is credited. Bonus will be credited to the account within 30 days of the account qualifying for the bonus. Bonus is interest and subject to reporting on Form 1099-INT. Offer ends 12/15/2022, 11:59 PM ET. Offer may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 3.00% APY as of 11/17/22 on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• 24/7 Account Access
CD Account Options
Choice Financial Group offers CDs that earn competitive interest rates. You can open each CD with $1,000.
The terms offered range from 3 months to 6 months.
The CD will automatically renew upon maturity.
Compare CD Accounts
• Available nationwide online, Discover offers CDs with some of the highest & most competitive rates! with select terms as short as 3 months up to 120 months
• Rates ranging from 1.50% APY up to 4.25% APY.
• Opening a Discover Bank Certificate of Deposit is extremely quick and easy.
• Funds on deposit are FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
• Start today with a minimum deposit of $2,500!
• Get started and open a Discover CD in 3 easy steps.
• Available online nationwide
• Earn up to 4.25% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
Reasons to Bank with Choice Financial Group
- They have pretty low and consistent opening deposits.
- Their First Choice Savings account requires no opening deposit!
- They have a money market savings account.
- Provides a kids savings account that earns interest on all balances.
- Interest is compounded daily for all savings accounts.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- Their website is easily navigable.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Choice Financial Group mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Choice Financial Group
- They are only located in Minnesota and North Dakota with 19 total branches.
- Absence of a children checking account.
- Doesn’t have a specific senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of variety in savings accounts.
- Lack of a holiday savings account.
- Doesn’t provide a senior checking or savings account.
Choice Financial Group Routing Number
The routing number for Choice Financial Group is 091302966.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Choice Financial Group at 888-894-1357.
To speak to a customer representative, their business hours are:
- Monday to Friday at 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m (CST)
How Choice Financial Group Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Minnesota or North Dakota and aren’t looking for anything too complex when it comes to opening a checking or savings account, then Choice Financial Group can assist you.
They have some high interest bearing savings account even if the options are limited.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Choice Financial Group has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!