CIT Bank consists of an online bank as well as their OneWest Bank division, which has over 60 branches throughout Southern California. The physical and online divisions operate on different hours.
CIT Bank is the banking subsidiary of the financial services company CIT Group. They help you maximize your own personal finance through High Yield Savings, Money Market, CDs and Custodial Accounts. If you’re looking to visit one of CIT’s branches, keep reading to see a break down of their hours of operation.
|CIT Bank Savings Connect||Up to 0.50% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.45% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||0.40% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank CDs||Up to 0.50% APY CD||Review|
|CIT Bank No Penalty CD||0.30% APY||Review|
Table of Contents
CIT Bank Hours for Normal Days
Since CIT Bank is an online bank, you won’t have trouble accessing your account as long as you have internet connection and a computer or mobile device.
OnWest branches typically open at 9 a.m. and close at 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. However, some OneWest branches operate until 6 p.m. instead. OneWest operates for a few hours during the weekends, closing at 1 p.m. on Saturdays and closed all day on Sundays.
CIT Bank Normal Hours
|Monday-Friday||9 a.m. to 5-6 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. to 1 p.m.|
Since hours can vary from branch to branch, it’s best to check with your nearest OneWest for a more accurate depiction. Using OneWest’s branch locator, you can find. a complete list of their locations near you.
CIT Bank Hours for Holidays
Neither CIT Bank nor OneWest Bank have listed a holiday schedule for when their branches will be closed. However, most banks operate on a schedule outlined by the Office of Personnel Management.
Since CIT Bank is an online bank, it will not have closure. OneWest on the other hand, consists of physical banks and will be closed to observe the holidays listed.
CIT Bank Holidays 2020
|New Year’s Day||Wednesday, Jan. 1|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 25|
|Independence Day||Saturday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Monday, Sept. 7|
|Columbus Day||Monday, Oct. 12|
|Veterans Day||Wednesday, Nov. 11|
|Thanksgiving||Thursday, Nov. 26|
|Christmas||Friday, Dec. 25|
Please note that some branches may also operate on shorter hours pre-holidays. It helps to check with your local branch for more accurate information on and holiday hours.
How To Bank With CIT Outside of Business Hours
Both CIT Bank and OneWest Bank are accessible 24/7 through online banking and mobile platforms. These alternatives to physical banking allow for them to give customers more flexibility when it comes to accessing their banking services.
With the use of the internet, customers can complete the following activities on their mobile device:
- Transfer funds into different accounts
- Manage bank accounts
- Set up banking alerts
- View balances at any time
- Download and view account statements
- Open new accounts
How To Contact CIT Bank Customer Service
If you find yourself with questions about CIT’s operations, they have multiple customer service lines running from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST on the weekdays. On the weekends, the lines operate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and are closed on Sundays.
CIT Bank’s customer service numbers are:
- 855-462-2652 (within the U.S.)
- 626-535-8964 (outside the U.S., toll number)
- 866-914-1578 (fax)
OneWest customer service lines are available from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST during the weekdays or 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. PST on Saturday. OneWest Bank’s customer service numbers are:
- 877-741-9378 (within the U.S.)
- 626-535-4300 (outside the U.S., toll number)
- 866-827-7789 (fax)
CIT Bank Promotions
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 0.45% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn 0.40% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 0.30% APY on a 12-Month CD Term
• Earn up to 0.50% APY
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 0.30% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
CIT Bank and OneWest both offer a long line of services that help you manage your personal finance. In order to utilize these services, stay informed on the hours of operation for both CIT Bank and OneWest Bank.