CIT Bank offers great savings and money market accounts, CDs with varying maturity, and home mortgage loans. Since CIT Bank is strictly an online bank, you will handle all of your transactions from your computer or mobile device.
If you find yourself forgetting your CIT Bank username or password, you can continue reading to learn how to login to your online bank account.
Table of Contents
Log In From a Computer
To log in to your CIT Bank accounts, follow these steps:
- Visit CIT Bank Online
- Click Sign in, then Online Banking
- Enter your User ID and Password
Because this bank is offered primarily online, they have limited account access over the phone. However, you will need your personal identification number (PIN) to access your account.
Log In From a Mobile Phone or Tablet
Furthermore, you can also login to your account by using the mobile browser. All you have do is download the CIT mobile banking app and once you have done that:
- Enter your CIT Bank login details
- Click “More” then Customer Service
- Select Mobile Banking
- Follow the steps to enroll your smartphone or tablet
How To Retrieve a Forgotten Username or Password
If you did forget your login information, CIT will help you retrieve that information. However, you must provide the following personal information:
- Account Number
- First Name
- Last Name
- Last Four Digits of Your Social Security number
If you are missing any pieces of the information listed above, you can always call CIT for more help at 1-855-462-2652 and press #3 for assistance.
The customer service representative that speaks with you will need to confirm your identity before they release any information.
If you forgot your telephone banking pin, you can always select option #5 from the main menu.
How to View Your Bank Statements
You can easily check your bank statements by downloading or printing it directly from the bank website. Not only that, you can also view them through the mobile app.
Contact CIT Customer Service
CIT Bank offers several ways for their customers to reach customer service.
Keep in mind though that the customer service line often has long wait times, so they recommend that you try to solve your own problems through one of the online options first.
If you end up still need to speak to a customer service representative, call 1-855-462-2652. CIT Bank’s customer service is available:
- Monday–Friday 8 AM–9 PM ET
- Saturday 9 AM–5 PM ET
- Sunday 11 AM–4 PM ET
You’ll hear the following options:
- Press #1 if you are a new customer
- Press #2 for account information
- Press #3 for help with online or mobile banking
- Press #4 for interest rate information
- Press #5 to change your PIN
- Press #0 to speak to a customer service representative
For Specific Concerns
- If you want to know your balance and don’t have internet access, you can call 1-855-462-2652 and press #2. Choose the the account you have: savings, CDs, or money market. You’ll also need to enter your PIN.
- If you have questions about bank forms, email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the forms to:
CIT Bank, N.A.
P.O. Box 7056
Pasadena, CA 91109-9699
- If you have a CIT Bank home loan, you can reach them at 1-800-217-6629 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 8 PM.
Opening A New Account With CIT
Start a new account with CIT Bank by clicking Open Account in the right upper corner of their homepage. You’ll need the following information to open an account:
- Name(s) on the Account
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Home Address
- Primary Phone Number
- Email Address
- Social Security Number
- Employer Information
- CIT Bank Promo Code (if applicable)
This process will take about five to ten minutes to complete and submit the whole application. Once you finish, you can make a deposit and finish the account setup.
To aid in the verification process, CIT might send micro-deposits to your existing account to verify. They are normally a few cents and helps CIT verify your account.
CIT Bank Promotions
With the CIT Bank Money Market Account, you can earn a competitive interest rate and access your money easily.
• Earn 1.55% APY on your funds
• One of the nation's top rates — several times the national average.
• Get up to 6 digital transfers/withdrawals per statement cycle
• Save smart and get more for your money
• Higher rates than traditional banks
• Get 24/7 Account Access
• Secure banking features
• Open with as little as $100
• FDIC insured
With the CIT Bank Savings Builders account:
• Earn a top tier, competitive APY on your money—one of the top savings rates in the nation. Earn up to 1.00% APY on your funds - grow your savings faster.
• Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate.
• FDIC Insured
• Available online nationwide
• Earn 3.50% APY on a 13-Month CD Term
• $1,000 minimum to open
• Selection of terms to meet your needs
• A range of choices. Low minimum deposits.
• No fees to open or maintain the account
• Available as Custodial
• Open a CIT Bank Certificate of Deposit Account today!
With the CIT Bank No-Penalty 11-Month CD:
• Earn 2.75% APY on your funds with just a $1,000 minimum deposit.
• The perfect balance between a great fixed rate and flexible money access.
• Access funds, if needed. No penalty.
• No opening or maintenance fees
• Shorter 11-month timeframe and a great APY
• If you need your funds prior to the maturity date, you can withdraw your money — including any interest earned — beginning seven days after the funds have been received. No penalty. No problem. It's the security of a CD with the flexibility to access your funds early if you need them.
Accessing your CIT Bank account is easy when you know your login ID and password. Consequently, if you forget that information, you’re going to have to work hard to get the information you need.
As mentioned above, try to resolve your issue by looking through CIT’s help section before calling customer service.