Citizens State Bank has a pretty decent variety of account options. To find out if Citizens State Bank is right for you, continue reading the review below.
This is a local bank in Texas that has an equal amount of checking and savings, but they also offer premium accounts that require high opening deposits.
Table of Contents
- 1 Checking Account Options
- 2 Compare Checking Accounts
- 3 Savings Account Options
- 4 Compare Savings Accounts
- 5 Reasons to Bank with Citizens State Bank
- 6 Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens State Bank
- 7 Citizens State Bank Routing Number
- 8 Contact Customer Service
- 9 How Citizens State Bank Compares
- 10 Bottom Line
Checking Account Options
Citizens State Bank offers a large variety of checking accounts with consistent opening deposits and balance requirements.
Their checking accounts come with the standard features that most accounts have.
You will need $100 to open this checking account.
There is a monthly fee of $8, but you can waive it if you maintain a daily balance of $030.
You can open this account with $100.
If you manage to maintain a daily balance of $2,000, you can waive the $15 monthly fee.
This is a high interest bearing account that will require an opening deposit of $1,500.
Compare Checking Accounts
Savings Account Options
Citizens State Bank has a few savings accounts that all earn interest, but they are pretty standard.
This savings account earns tiered interest rates and can be opened with $200.
If you keep a daily balance of $200, you won’t have to pay a monthly fee.
A savings account that lets you earns money market interest rates and requires $2,500 to open.
If you fail to maintain a daily balance of $2,500, there will be a $10.
This account earns competitive interest rates but you have to have a large opening deposit of $10,000.
You also need to maintain a daily balance of $10,000 to waive the monthly fee.
Compare Savings Accounts
Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
• Earn high interest rate of 0.50% APY
• No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and now no fees
• Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
• Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
• FDIC insurance up to $250,000
See advertiser website for full details
• Enjoy a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
• Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
• Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection.
• Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
• Open your account online now.
• Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
With the American Express® High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 0.60% APY on your deposits. Your High Yield Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access
Reasons to Bank with Citizens State Bank
- Good ratio of checking to savings account.
- Consistent opening deposits throughout all accounts.
- Low opening deposits and minimum balance requirements.
- Their savings and money market accounts earn a pretty high APY.
- They offer a 24-hour banking service line.
- Conduct all your banking online or with the Citizens State Bank mobile app.
Reasons Not to Bank with Citizens State Bank
- They are only located in Texas with a total of six physical branches.
- Absence of a children checking or savings account.
- Lack of a senior checking or savings account.
- Lack of a holiday savings account given all the checking account options.
Citizens State Bank Routing Number
The routing number for Citizens State Bank varies depending on state and regions. You can also check the lower left corner of your Citizens State Bank check.
Contact Customer Service
You can reach Citizens State Bank at 888-297-3416.
Their business hours vary on location. You can check their website for the different hours each location has.
How Citizens State Bank Compares
- Chase Bank: Chase is one of the biggest banks in the U.S and offers just about almost everything. Compared to its other competitors, Chase offers much more checking account options.
- Discover Bank: Discover Bank is also an online nationwide bank that offers bonuses for their checking and savings accounts! You can earn cash back rewards when you open a checking account and generous bonuses for opening a savings one.
- Wells Fargo: Located throughout the US with over 5,800 branches and 13,000 ATMs. They offer a variety of deposits accounts, including accounts for teens and customers who need a second chance.
If you live in Texas and aren’t too interested in variety when it comes to opening a checking or savings account, then Citizens State Bank might have the options you’re looking for.
They have savings accounts that earn pretty competitive interest rates, but their opening deposits and minimum balance requirements may be hard to maintain.
However, keep in mind that when you look for a checking or savings account be sure to look into all the fees charged. Don’t focus on the interest rate alone, but on what the account will cost you overall.
If Citizens State Bank has the variety and options you’re looking for, apply today! For more options from a variety of banks, see our list of the best bank promotions!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Spend & Save Account||$100 Cash||Review|
|American Express High Yield Savings||0.60% APY||Review|
|Simple||Up to 0.60% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||0.50% APY||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|